There’s certainly no shortage of great Android phones out there, but at times it feels like you must make a compromise when you walk in to your local carrier looking for a phone that truly suits your needs and wants. But that may soon be a dilemma of the past with the introduction of the new Synapse-Phone.
The Synapse-Phone is planning on delivering a fully rooted Android handsets right out of the box. If that wasn’t enough, each phone can be tailored to the exact user’s needs. Some of the customization options for the handset include: mobile network support, Bluetooth version, Wi-Fi, megapixel count, flash type, front facing camera, digital television tuner, internal working memory, capacitive or physical buttons, battery size, and handset color.
Pricing for the Synapse One will range from â‚¬299 ($417) for the base configuration to â‚¬584 ($815) for a fully loaded device. Synapse-Phones is currently taking pre-orders and is expecting to deliver the first devices by February 2011.
It’s hard to say how many Android fans would be interested in a fully customized handset, but we’re extremely excited to see at least one manufacturer treat phones more like computers and give consumers the ability to choose which features they should have.
Synapse One Starting Specs
- Operating System: Android 2.2
- Processor: 1Ghz
- Display: 10.16cm, 4,0-inch SuperAMOLED multitouch-sensitive screen with 480×800 WVGA resolution
- Speakerphone: Two built-in microphones (Telephone and noise-reduction)
- Sensors: Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Accelerometer sensor
- GPS: AGPS
- Buttons: Four capacity buttons or four physical buttons under the screen
- Power button
- Two volume buttons on the left side
- Camera button on the right side
- Expansion Slot: microSD memory card(SD 2.0 compatible)
- Up to 32GB card support.
- Body material: Aluminium with ambientlight
- In Box Content: Main unit
- Battery (as selected)
- MicroUSB Cable
- Charger (Voltage range/frequency: 100-240V AC, 50-60Hz)
- RF Brochure
- Product Safety & Warranty Statement
- Quick Start Guide