The title says it all. I get the feeling some of you are tired of these Twitter contests, but how can you turn down a free Droid phone from Verizon? The carrier is bringing back their @droidlanding account we saw them use during the Droid X launch, and this time all you have to do is tweet a reason you want a Droid to win one of the seven phones Verizon is giving away.
You can find the full rules on the official site, but here are the basics:
Who wants a Droid? Tweet why you do & begin responses with #IWANTADROID. You could win one & be featured in an upcoming web ad.
- Visit www.twitter.com and follow @droidlanding
- Tweet the message, “#IWANTADROID____________” (fill in the blank)
- Users must use the hashtag #IWANTADROID to enter the Contest
- Limit 10 entries per Twitter Account per Entry Period
- Subject to Twitter character limitations
There are four entry periods before the end of the year and the first one ends tomorrow.
- 12:00:01 am ET on 12/1/10 through 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/9/10
- 12:00:00 am ET on 12/10/10 through 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/16/10
- 12:00:00 am ET on 12/17/10 through 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/23/10
- 12:00:00 am ET on 12/24/10 through 11:59:59 pm ET on 12/28/10
Sponsor selected judges will then choose the best tweets based on the following criteria:
- 50% – feature or use that makes Droid desirable
- 50% – creativity of written entry
- Grand Prize (7x) – Verizon Wireless Droid Phone (model to be decided by Sponsor)
- Runner Up Prize (28x) – A $50 Verizon Wireless Gift Card
We are in no way part of this contest, but we will be following your contest tweets and retweeting the most annoying entries.