Still debating if you are going to wait in line at Best Buy for the Nexus S launch? A tipster who wishes to remain anonymous just sent us the outline of Best Buys quantities for their different sized stores. The goods are after the jump.
These are totally unconfirmed numbers, but our source says Best Buy inventories will look like this:
- Big box Best Buy locations that sell T-Mobile contracts in store will have on average 35 units Thursday
- Big box Best Buy locations that do not, will have on average 4 units Thursday
- Best Buy Mobile locations that sell T-Mobile will have on average 72 units Thursday
- Best Buy Mobile locations that do not, will have on average 4 units Thursday
- There will be plenty of transferring product around from Best Buy to Best Buy to even out counts as needed, but these are the numbers shipping to stores
- There will be plenty of units for orders placed online and shipped to the customer
An earlier tipster from one of Best Buy’s biggest locations told us his store was getting 75 units so this report looks accurate.
There are currently 210 Best Buy stores in the USA that carry T-Mobile service and they are building a page for easy reference. When we have the list of Best Buy stores that sells T-Mobile phones, we will be sure to post it.
If you local Best Buy location sells T-Mobile phones, then you should have no problem picking up the Nexus S on launch day. For those of you that live next to a non-T-Mobile location, you might want to get there before 8 AM when they open. Happy shopping.