It’s not quite Gingerbread, but Verizon started rolling out a new over the air update for the Motorola Droid this week. Additions include an updated Twitter app, improvements to Microsoft Exchange, and the new Gmail user interface. Some of you may have already received this update (build number FRG83D), but Verizon normally staggers the roll out so it might be another week before it hits your phone. Full changelog and system update instructions after the jump.
- Updated Twitter® application with new authentication support.
- Updated Amazon widget.
- Updated News & Weather widget.
- Improvements to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync:
- Handles server-side inactivity timeouts of 34 minutes or greater.
- Continues to sync emails after a policy refresh.
- Support for Exchange 2010 connections.
- Added new Gmail® user interface.
Verizon Wireless will begin pushing an update for the DROID by Motorola today. Enhancements include an updated Twitter® application, improved Exchange Active Sync® functionality, updated Gmail user interface and more. For more information about this update customers can go to www.verizonwireless.com/droidsupport.