If you are fortunate enough to have a phone with Android 2.2 or above (most of you) or a tablet with Android 3.0.1 or above (few of you) then set your calendar for March 18th as that is the day Adobe has selected to bestow upon you the new Flash Player 10.2 hotness.
You Xoomites (Xoomerians?) should be the most excited by this news as you are being delivered from the desert of Flashlessness that some tablets will wander blindly through forever. Just remember to update to the recently released 3.0.1 in order to be ready when the 18th rolls around. Adobe is putting a beta tag on this first release for Honeycomb tablets, but are promising additional updates in short order that will rip that tag off.
New features (beyond just enhanced performance) being touted by Adobe for Flash Player 10.2 include:
- Hardware acceleration for H.264 video (Honeycomb only)
- Deeper integration with the Android browser rendering engine (Honeycomb only)
- Improved scrolling on web pages
- Support for HTML and other content composited over Flash Player content
- Automatic soft keyboard support
If you want some additional details you can hit the source link, but if you aren’t particularly worried about how the magic happens then just rest assured that next week Flash will be getting better (or will be added) to your mobile device.