It’s finally here, folks. It’s been a long time since we first saw the LG Revolution at CES, but the phone has arrived at last. Verizon and LG announced today that the LG Revolution will be available for purchase via the Verizon website, starting tomorrow. Unsurprisingly, Verizon will be selling the LG Revolution for a whopping $250 — that’s about $50 more than I’m willing to pay for it.
Despite its price, the LG Revolution does have something going for it. The device will be the first Android phone to come preloaded with the Netflix app. On the other hand, it will come preloaded with Bing as well, so you’ll have to take the good with the bad.
If having to use Bing puts you off, maybe the following specs will change your mind (or not):
- Android 2.2 Froyo (That’s a bad LG!)
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- 4.3-inch TFT display with 480 x 800 pixels
- 5 MP back-facing camera with LED flash
- 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- 720p video-recording
- Pre-installed 16GB microSD card
- Verizon’s 4G support
- 1500 mAh battery
Does the privilege of roaming free on Verizon’s 4G network outweighs the $250 price tag, the outdated Android version, the single-core Processor, the lack of NFC chip, and more importantly the fact that it has Bing preloaded? I’m having some doubts. What do you guys think?
UPDATE: LG Girl just uploaded a video of the LG Revolution. Check it out below.
Revolution by LG Arrives for Verizon Wireless
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine to Make Revolutionâ„¢ by LG
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO, May 24, 2011 /PRNewswire/ — Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolutionâ„¢ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on May 26.
An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Androidâ„¢ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.
* 4G LTE — customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
* 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
* Androidâ„¢ 2.2 platform
* Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Marketâ„¢
* Bing® Search and Maps
* Adobe® Flash® Player
* Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
* 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
* 720p HD video recording and playback
* Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
* Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
* Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access
* V CAST Apps
* Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
* Equipped with Dolby® Mobile for a rich listening experience
* Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
* 16 GB preinstalled microSD cardâ„¢
Pricing and availability:
Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network, launched in December 2010, is the fastest, most advanced 4G network in the United States, providing speeds up to 10 times faster than Verizon Wireless’ 3G network. Verizon Wireless’ 4G LTE Mobile Broadband network currently reaches one-third of all Americans, with plans to expand the network to the company’s entire 3G coverage area over the next three years.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.