Jul 19 AT 4:50 PM Alberto Vildosola 37 Comments

Rumor: Motorola Dinara coming this winter with HD screen, 13 MP camera

A rumor has surfaced today that might just make us forget about the Motorola Titanium’s lackluster specs. Meet the Motorola Dinara, the company’s next flagship Android device.

According to Droid-Life, the Motorola Dinara will be the successor to the Droid Bionic, and it should be coming out this winter (between December and March). We don’t know which version of Android the Dinara will launch with, but seeing how the phone will be released around or after Google announces Ice Cream Sandwich, there’s a chance this will be one of the first phones to be have Google’s upcoming Android version.

There’s also the screen size. Droid-Life claims it will be bigger than the Droid Bionic’s, while keeping the device size the same. I don’t know if you’ve seen a photo of the Droid Bionic lately, but there’s only one way to make the Droid Bionic’s screen bigger without making the device larger. By getting rid of the hardware buttons. As we’ve been saying, it’s possible Google will soon give OEMs the option to make phones without hardware buttons, replacing them with software buttons like those found on Android tablets.

Other rumored specs for the Motorola Dinara include:

• Texas Instruments processor
  • HD screen
  • 1 GB of RAM
  • 13 MP rear-facing camera (Yowza!)
  • VGA front-facing camera
  • Non-removable battery
  • Lock button on the side

Let’s start with the processor. If the Dinara does launch with a TI processor, it’s safe to assume it’ll be powered by either the OMAP4430 or the even faster OMAP4460. Both these chips support 13 MP cameras. I have to say, I can’t wait to get my hands on one. But you know who won’t be very excited about phones with 13 MP cameras? Companies like Olympus, Fujifilm, Nikon and Canon, who could very well see their point-and-shoot camera sales dry up faster than they can say “GPS navigation system.”

The OMAP4 chip also supports a screen resolution of up to 1920×1200 pixels. However, I don’t think the Dinara will launch with such a high-def screen. A more likely resolution would be 720p, like the one found on those screens Toshiba is working on.

That’s pretty much all we know about this mysterious phone right now, but we can expect to find out more as we get closer to the end of the year. Meanwhile, you can tell us whether this phone will be able to make you a Moto-believer once again.

Source: Droid-Life

Alberto is a college student living somewhere between Miami, Sarasota and the World Wide Web. Although a former iPhone owner, Alberto is now a proud Android enthusiast. You can follow Alberto on Twitter and Google+ for his thoughts unworthy of an article.

• Galen20K

non-removable battery and ff vga camera?? hmmm..

• http://Website guardianali

13 megapixels doesnt mean anything if it has the shame crappy sized cmos and crappy shutter lag.

Id take a 5mp nice large sensor with fast speed over a 13mp POS anyday.

• http://Website Bill

Yeah, 13MP is just stupid on a phone. A 300dpi 8×10 image is 7.2MP. Are a lot of people making huge enlargements from the camera phone pics? The worse part is, with the small sensor size, the quality will be low because of the pixel site size. Plus, do you think the lens would even have the resolving power to get all the detail a sensor of this small size, but high-density would demand?

They could make a 3-5MP sensor that would have great sensitivity and make wonderful photos. But until the market stops saying they are “excited” by 13MP micro sensors, we will keep getting crap cameras in our phones…

–Bill

• http://Website Tito!

Non-removable battery? Great.
    Motorola is just provoking Apple, aren’t they? HAHA.

I’l stick to removable batteries. Less of a hassle.

• http://Website ²♥þ2↔

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• nexus15

• http://Website Rich

Hmm…. this kinda lines up with the rumour of a series of flagship phones around the release of Ice Cream Sandwich from different manufacturers. December/January could see some killer mobile releases! :D

• BiGMERF

• Jasonhunterx

• http://Website thetruth

vga front cam FTL

• http://Website Dr. Samsung, CEO of betrayal & customer genocide

Dinara…mmm….is this contagious???

• http://Website Name (required)
  • http://Website Raptor

Nonremovable battery… People will hate them, in addition for Apple to sue them for patent infringement. Lol

• http://Website Raptor

13mp camera…i thought initially Moto is as usually late to the old game but…Based on Albertos yell of young indian tribe leader after his arrow hit the largest bizon in prairies, megacrapsel war did not cross yet all remaining 6.5 billion potential smartphone users. lol

• http://Website Raptor

…but i will buy any shitsmartphone which will be hd 1920×1200. Thats godlike. Here im no lol, no roflmao, im dead fr@#%king seriousss.

But, Motorola, do not tease, do not lie, do not delay, just do deliver.

• http://Website E

Lol this reminds me of sum of the iPhone users stupidity trow sum bigger digits and all the sudden ppl think its better dam Motorola what a failure 13mp rlly

• http://Website Mr Dick Pump

but my 13 inch cock is def better than your 5 inch cock.

• http://maxtechnewz.blogspot.com max

i am a hater for a slow shutter lag

• Drew

It’s going to have “Blur.”

• http://Website Richard Yarrell

Bottomline is technology is MOVING FORWARD either with us or without us and I privately plan on KEEPING MY MOVE FORWARD along with technology. I applaud Motorola if they release this device down the road. Inorder for them to KEEP UP with WHAT WILL BE PRODUCED BY HTC ANS SAMSUNG they better step their game up simple as that. 2012 EVO BRAND will be seen with a 4.7 to 5.0 inch screen with Igb of ram with a dualcore or quadcore 1.5 or 2.0 processor and SAMSUNG is producing an 5.3 inch screen on their upcoming Galaxy Q people better realize what’s happening now because technology WILL NOT WAIT for NONE of us. Rather you like 3d or not or rather you like bigger screens on smartphones or not they are coming and the only choice you will have is to not purchase whatever those dislikes are then RISK A CHANCE of falling behind the curve…..I definately won’t allow that to happen 2012 EVO will be mines just like my current EVO 3D and past EVO 4G.

• AME

• Drakon911

I seriously doubt the phone will be sporting Icecream sandwich. They’ll just put a previous version of Android that they’ve already ruined with Motoblur and promise an update “soon”, which to them means 18 months. This is the company that is releasing a “rugged” phone running 1.5 or maybe 1.6. Sprint should be ashamed for offering such an outdated POS.

• http://Website meeester

I’ll trade away half of those megapixels away in exchange for low light capanility.

• http://Website snowbdr89

I wonder if this phone is the targa under a different name and i think the targa was rumored to be quad core.

• koldkore

• GorillaToe

I’m excited. The original Droid was awesome, The Droid 3 is incredible, now with the Motorola/Google merger i have faith they can deliver an incredible product. Obviously it won’t be the best phone for all of time but I believe they can deliver a top of the line product at the time of its release. As far as the camera I dont understand why an Olympus, Cannon or Nikon don’t get their hands in the cell phone business as well. Make a Google / Motorola/ Cannon/Tom Tom phone!

• http://www.qbstore.net/account.php Free Quickbooks Point of Sale

We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with useful information to work on. You have performed a formidable process and our whole neighborhood will be grateful to you.

1. non-removable battery and ff vga camera?? hmmm..

2. guardianaliGuest 4 years ago

Id take a 5mp nice large sensor with fast speed over a 13mp POS anyday.

• BillGuest 4 years ago

–Bill

3. Tito!Guest 4 years ago

Non-removable battery? Great.
    Motorola is just provoking Apple, aren’t they? HAHA.

I’l stick to removable batteries. Less of a hassle.

• ²♥þ2↔Guest 4 years ago

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• I like my batteries removable on android, iPhones supposedly have great battery life, android I know I can go slightly under a day. I buy an extra battery or 2 for my android and I am set.

4. RichGuest 4 years ago

5. Ill be going with the next Nexus variant by then…. Motorblur?! Na 13mp camera, goodness is that rally necessary?

6. I will believe it when i see it im sick of hearing about god phones an then they turn out to be mortal phones

7. thetruthGuest 4 years ago

vga front cam FTL

8. Dr. Samsung, CEO of betrayal & customer genocideGuest 4 years ago

Dinara…mmm….is this contagious???

9. Name (required)Guest 4 years ago
  10. RaptorGuest 4 years ago

11. RaptorGuest 4 years ago

12. RaptorGuest 4 years ago

But, Motorola, do not tease, do not lie, do not delay, just do deliver.

13. EGuest 4 years ago

14. maxGuest 4 years ago

i am a hater for a slow shutter lag

15. It’s going to have “Blur.”

16. Richard YarrellGuest 4 years ago

17. I don’t understand the benefit of having a non-removable battery. In fact, all I can see are downsides. I’ve had great phones that work fine, but when a s**t app goes and freezes up my phone, the easiest fix is to pull the battery.

• It’ll have Motoblur! Motoblur never freezes or locks up. If you don’t believe me just ask Motorola.

18. meeesterGuest 4 years ago

19. snowbdr89Guest 4 years ago

20. I’m sorry, but no. No.. Motorola is garbage and always will be. I know this may sounds trollish, but every time I stop into a wireless store to test out phones, the Motorolas are always broken or all jacked up. Couple that with the *new* Motoblur and the *promises* of unlocked boot loaders in the future and you’re just plain wasting your money. Look at the Droid X2. Wtf was that? All they did was throw a new chip in it and give it a qHD screen. Lazy mother fuckers.

21. GorillaToeGuest 4 years ago