What happens when North Korea, Pakistan and Russia team up to launch a terrorist attack on the United States? Android gaming fans will soon find out in Gameloft‘s upcoming Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation.
Fallen Nation will center around Corporal James Walker, who will lead his special forces team, Anvil-1, into enemy territory. There they will “confront mercenaries, terrorists and a traitor who will stop at nothing to destroy the nation that he once served.”
Unlike the prequels that contained a lot of corridor action, Modern Combat 3 will be all about large scale war. The game producer describes Fallen Nation as delivering “super large scale fights, something that hasn’t been done on smartphones. We wanted to make a point that smartphone gaming can be as huge and awesome as on any other home console.”
Gameloft recently said they would make four new games using the Unreal Engine 3, and it appears that Modern Combat 3 could be one of them. Another title, March of Heroes, was recently announced as the first Unreal Engine game from Gameloft, but the trailer video was pulled from the web and its current status is unknown.
Hit up the source link for more concept art and the full interview. Does Modern Combat 3 look like it can live up to the developers hype of “the most engaging war game ever released on smartphones”?
Key features of Modern Combat 3 include:
- Intense 13-mission campaign with immersive cinematics and memorable moments
- Frantic multiplayer with up to 12 players, 6 maps and 6 different modes
- Addictive ranking system with more than 90 experience ranks
- High-tech modern weaponry with modifications and attachments
- Next-gen high quality visuals that will compete with the RAGE and UNREAL engines