Oct 18 AT 11:02 PM Edgar Cervantes 15 Comments

Video: Google’s Nexus site updated with new device and ICS features

nexus-video-androids

Google and Samsung just turned the whole smartphone world around with all the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Ice Cream Sandwich¬† and have, accordingly, updated Google’s Nexus site.

The site now includes a brief description of the device’s features and what Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) has to offer. This includes Face Unlock, Android Beam, Voice Typing, camera features, the amazing display and design, as well as the power and speed of the device.

We will go more in-depth on these features in a later post, so stay tuned to learn more. While you wait, go ahead and subscribe for email notifications. This will ensure that you get all the updates for the Galaxy Nexus and Android 4.0 straight to your inbox. To do so, simply go to the very bottom of the updated Galaxy Nexus site and register your email address where it says “Find out more.”

Also, check out the awesome new video that has just been released. It’s a teaser featuring all the new features Android 4.0 and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus have to offer. Who’s excited? Are you guys still upset about the Verizon exclusivity?

Via: YouTube

Source: Google Nexus

Hello, I am Edgar Cervantes. I am an avid Android fan, and keeping myself updated on the topic is part of my daily life. I will always work hard to give the best of me to our community of Android enthusiasts, and I am very honored to be part of this ship. Hopefully we can all enjoy sharing our knowledge and opinions!

• Richard Yarrell

Have to say…This looks great…Ice cream looks amazing…..

• BilleyMaes

Amazing on the nexus crappy on the Evo Because of sense. Have fun waiting!

• Richard Yarrell

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• BilleyMaes

Well, If you look at some of the leaks you would know that Verizon will get it first. If you happens to jump to Verizon, you will be the biggest hypocrite ever on this site judging from all your past post and what you said about Verizon. Mine as well get the Nexus S on Sprint because Verizon doesn’t want you.

• Nate B.

• squiddy20

Please. You won’t be “diving in” on another carrier. You wouldn’t be able to afford Verizon or AT&T if you wanted to. Plain and simple. I mean, c’mon, you go on and on about Verizon and it’s “overpriced and underspeced devices”. You won’t be jumping ship. What a joke.

• 4n1m4l

video removed by user. 8(

• Nate B.

• Greg

Is there any word yet on when the Nexus s/Nexus one will see the ICS update. Nexus devices have been pretty slow to come to Australia (and on terrible networks when they do) so it will be nice to have ICS while I wait for the actual handset to arrive.

• SMP

How would apps that require you to currently use the menu button work?
    I know the new default apps have the action bar but what about apps that havent been updated. How would you press menu?

• Nate B.

• Nate B.

The Nexus is the origin and seed for Android. So all that, I wish it was an Exynos can stop. Personally, I do wish it was, but what we have is just fine. One thing I do wish they got rid of was the dock. With on screen buttons I don’t see the point of it. I think they should of put a future in if you hold down the home button then it would open the app drawer. And a simple press would take you back home like it does normally. They should have a dedicated pop up or some type of small neat drop box should drop down with notifications or something. Maybe in an update or the next version of Android. Well, I sound like I’m complaining. I love this :) thing, I don’t need to complain. Android 4.0 for the win!

• http://emptydot.com Vidmantas

Video removed by the user? :-(

1. Have to say…This looks great…Ice cream looks amazing…..

• BilleyMaesGuest 4 years ago

Amazing on the nexus crappy on the Evo Because of sense. Have fun waiting!

• Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• BilleyMaesGuest 4 years ago

• Wouldn’t it be funny if it just comes in LTE for CDMA carriers, and it made it future proof for Sprint next year. I would laugh at you if you switched to Big Red and then thought about coming back if that was the case. We will see when it comes out though.

• squiddy20Guest 4 years ago

• 4n1m4lGuest 4 years ago

video removed by user. 8(

2. I think he Android in the TRON cycles should be the bootanimation.zip! That would be awesome. Of course cut the clip a little. Just show the one in the middle and then the others come from the sides and and spread out from a birds eye view forming the X and there you have it.

3. GregGuest 4 years ago

4. SMPGuest 4 years ago

How would apps that require you to currently use the menu button work?

5. Well, if it’s current, then you could use the menu button on a current phone. The Galaxy Nexus will be the only phone for a comfortable minute without buttons. Now for the phone itself, being the Galaxy Nexus, I’m sure it’ll be updated then. I’m sure it’s a way now to dive into menus of the native apps that come on the phone, so you shouldn’t have to worry.

6. I have to say I am not OMGosh about this phone, but it did put a honest smile on my face and I am happy. I like IC itself the most about this phone. It really looks professional and pure smoothness, and quality. I was waiting for such a thing for a long time. I mean a phone that has the OS optimized for the hardware itself is amazing. That’s one reason why the Nexus phones are the best and smoothest. It’s the real thing. Not skinned. Built from the ground up and the previous Nexus devices handle it just fine as well. I am a little curious as to how the original Nexus One will handle it. I’m sure it’ll show it’s a champ. I mean the 3GS got IOS5. That’s old for Apple.

7. VidmantasGuest 4 years ago