Jan 09 AT 1:01 PM Anthony Domanico 46 Comments

Galaxy Nexus officially coming to Sprint, LTE radios in tow

sprintnexus

Last week, a published then quickly pulled ad on Cnet’s site indicated that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus would be Sprint’s flagship LTE device. Since companies generally don’t create ads for products that don’t (or won’t) exist, we were pretty confident Sprint would be getting the Galaxy Nexus in the coming months.

Today, Sprint has a new 4G LTE landing page up on its website that proudly features Sprint’s version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Sprint’s version will only feature 16GB of on-device storage, rather than the 32GB model found on Verizon’s network. (UPDATE:┬áSprint just sent us an email that their page is wrong, and their device will have 32GB).┬áThis move is likely to keep the device’s price below the $200 mark, a price point Sprint has been reluctant to cross. Sprint also chose to include Google Wallet, a service Verizon has blocked from their variant.

LTE won’t be live in any markets until the middle of this year, so we have a hard time believing we’ll see the Galaxy Nexus launch on Sprint before the second quarter at the earliest. We’ve reached out to Sprint for comment, but haven’t heard back as of press time. Still, we’re excited that the best Android phone out there will make it to more than just Verizon’s network.

Are all you Sprint customers out there excited for the Galaxy Nexus to come to your network?

Source: Android Central

Anthony loves all things technology, from hardware to apps and games. You can connect with him via Google+ or Twitter by clicking one of the fancy doo-dads above.

• jeff

Awesome, I hope this launch goes smoother than the VZW one. I’ll be picking one of these up as soon as it’s available.

• Paul

LG Viper 4G LTE???

• http://pixelswim.com Steve Heinrich

• R.S

• http://www.jaxidian.org/update/ jaxidian

• TJungus

I don’t know what you’re talking about, my 256K download speed is all that I’ve ever wanted… /sarcasm

• yankeesusa

• sivart79

Definitely excited for this, hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later!

• TJungus

• jason

don’t worry Im on my unrooted nexus w/ google wallet and Swype on board, this isnt Apple we still control the device.

• redraider133

• http://www.jaxidian.org/update/ jaxidian

Any confirmation on this being clocked at 1.5GHz like the oopsie ad showed?

• Louis A

• seven2k

YES! YES! and YES!

• spazby

exciting!!! when will Los Angeles get LTE though????

• jsweetser2

It’s been a fun 6 years, unfortunately it is time to break up. Good luck with your future line up.

Sincerely,
    Jsweetser2

• Starship

• staryoshi

• Paul Atreides

Signed up for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus updates. 16 GB should be enough for me personally. Doubt Sprint will include any carrier bloat like Verizon’s version.

• http://www.lifequill.com Canterrain

Fantastic.

I’m one of those oddballs that actually enjoys sense (mostly the widgets at this point) and this is the first phone I’ve really thought I’d give up sense for.

• TailsNeon556

Google wallet installs from internal on the VZW gnex quite easily

• Curt Hibbs

I’m torn between getting the Galaxy Nexus or the Galaxy Note when they come out on Sprint. Anyone else in the same dilemma?

• Nathan D.

OK that cool and all but what about the hspa versions for the USA?

• honourbound68

• K2theIzzo

I’m super excited. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of my Evo 3d.

• http://youtube.com/user/jawckamoe Marcus

• poosh2010

• Paul Atreides

I said the samething to myself, but then I thought of the main deciding factor, NO TOUCHWIZ!

• weezeremo

• Ecarttev

Im in the same boat.
      If you’re with in 14 days of purchase, you should be able to get a full refund/ account reset to the way it was before the upgrade.

• weezeremo

Ive had the Epic 4g for two days now its a good phone but….. nexus… thanks for the heads up on the 14 days im gonna look into that for sure

• rond

• The Fan

Nope. Verizon uses 700mhz band for LTE while Sprint will use the 1900mhz and 800mhz band for it. If this phone only comes with the 1900 MHZ spectrum band I won’t get it.

• the5thdimension

• Rich

I don’t upgrade until August and this is likely to be outdated by then, but I’ll have to see then. Likely a new Evo device (likely with quad core) will be available and I’ll pass this up.

• nrorm

same thing happened this summer—-Nexus S was out for close to 5 months before Sprint got it and I went with the evo3d

• Saints

I am one of those consumers that reallllly looked to purchasing the Samsung Note on the Sprint network. I like the processer speed of the nexus but the size, hd quality, the styles pen and the fact its a Phablet had me sold plus its a new type of device to the market with real productive for those with an on the grind life, its the answer. Sprint to switch?

• donger

sprint needs this phone.

• Carlito2cool

EPIC!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!

• inerdtia

Yay! Congrats to y’all Sprinters…

• mshramek

• Victor

I will if it’s out by March 1st or if I don’t jump the gun for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch

1. jeffGuest 3 years ago

2. PaulGuest 3 years ago

LG Viper 4G LTE???

3. Glad the Galaxy Nexus is venturing to another carrier. Hoping T-Mobile will pick it up at some point…. I can’t afford the unlocked one. I just can’t get myself to switch to Sprint yet.

• The more carriers the Nexus is on, the better. Even though I won’t get it, I’m happy with my Galaxy S II, hopefully T-Mobile won’t be the last one to get it.

4. Glad to see this! Sprint needs some loving and this plus their new LTE network may very well be what they seriously need. Let’s hope their LTE network gets decent speeds, unlike their 3G network!

5. Sprint definitely needs this. I said I was sticking by sprint till sometime in the next 2 months but I guess I will give them a little longer. Can’t wait for this! Finally some good news from sprint. By the time I’m eligible to upgrade hopefully sprint will have an htc lte phone. If not then the nexus may be enough. I guess we’ll see.

6. Definitely excited for this, hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later!

7. Wait, so the Nexus phone will actually include Google apps like Wallet? It’s almost like this phone is a true Nexus and will be at a price that is not absurd. This is the phone that the nexus purists have been waiting for. This is really exciting, hopefully the launch goes smoothly.

• jasonGuest 3 years ago

8. I wonder if all the other us carriers will only get the 16gb variant. Maybe that is the “exclusive” verizon had was 32gb of storage.

9. Any confirmation on this being clocked at 1.5GHz like the oopsie ad showed?

10. They should have done this long time ago. But then, they were waiting to get their LTE network. I would have jumped on Sprint and enjoy unlimited data.

11. exciting!!! when will Los Angeles get LTE though????

12. Well I have to say it. Tmobile, you have let me down. Your merger shenanigans has taken your phone line up and put you last in the race. I have been with you for 6 long years, starting with the BB Curve, upgrading to the G1, then the Nexus1, and was hoping to finish the menage e twa with the Gnex. Alas, It shall not be. My contract ended with you last week, and i shall pony up the cash and go to Verizon for my Gnex.

Sincerely,
    Jsweetser2

13. Google wallet may not be available on the market for gnex but it’s easily sideloaded. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it has been blocked. Definetly not supported though.

14. I love any news that is a sign of sprint being competitive :P I hope that they roll out LTE quickly and efficiently while improving 3G speed and increasing 4G coverage in colorado.

15. Paul AtreidesGuest 3 years ago

16. Fantastic.

17. TailsNeon556Guest 3 years ago

Google wallet installs from internal on the VZW gnex quite easily

18. Curt HibbsGuest 3 years ago

19. OK that cool and all but what about the hspa versions for the USA?

20. I thought they were releasing a device with both WiMAX and lte radios. Either way, I’m excited to get this phone

21. I’m super excited. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of my Evo 3d.

22. This is pretty amazing. I’m glad the price will be under $200 though. At least I hope it will… it’d be pretty cool if the processor was overclocked to 1.5GHz too…

23. it’s soooo hard to be excited for this when the galaxy S3 is right around the corner….

• Paul AtreidesGuest 3 years ago

24. AWSOME JUST AFTER I UPGRADED TO THE EPIC 4G TOUCH!!!!!…. THANKS SPRINT!!!! stupid poop mouths!

25. Can a Sprint 4G LTE phone roam on Verizon 4G LTE or are the frequencies, etc not compatible?

• The FanGuest 3 years ago

26. Been with TMO for 8 years, but really thinking about jumping on Sprint for this Galaxy Nexus. Decisions, decisions!

27. RichGuest 3 years ago

28. SaintsGuest 3 years ago

29. sprint needs this phone.

30. Carlito2coolGuest 3 years ago

EPIC!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!

31. Yay! Congrats to y’all Sprinters…

32. Now if they would just release ICS for NS4G. Then all would be right with the world.

33. VictorGuest 3 years ago