Feb 13 AT 1:13 PM Nick Gray 30 Comments

HTC Endeavor starts off strong, secures orders from 20 service providers

The only leaked image of the HTC Endeavor

Just yesterday we got a quick look at the leaked RUU for the HTC Endeavor and now we’re hearing that HTC has already secured a massive number of orders for the Tegra 3 powered Android 4.0 handset. According to DigiTimes, the Chinese-language Economic Daily News is reporting that Vodafone, Orange and 18 other service providers have already lined up to be among the first to offer the HTC Endeavor to their customers.

For now, there’s no concrete evidence that any US service provider has any plans to make the HTC Endeavor available to those of us in the US market, but that’s not a surprise to any of us. The HTC Endeavor will most likely undergo a name change and a few cosmetic and specification tweaks before it makes an appearance in US stores.

The launch date for the HTC Endeavor is still unknown, but many are speculating that the phone will be available in Europe and Asia sometime in April.

Source: DigiTimes

• spazby

strong showing for this device

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

• Jeff Pan

I see this coming to T-Mobile :P

• ags29

• mmmaxheadroom

This may not be as large as it seems. Remember that aspect ratio has a lot to do with physical size. My sensation is 4.3, however not nearly as large as the 4.3 evo. If it were my guess the actual physical size would be similar to the evo, while it will maintain a slimmer profile.

• ags29

• Oreo

Thats what they said about the Samsung G S 2. 4.65 was at first to big, but then again here I sit typing on the monster. I love everything about it so hitting 4.7in with a 720p screen sounds ideal to me. Really hope this phone hits T-mobile this year.

• YMS123

If it will have Sprint LTE, it might just be my next phone!

• honourbound68

• swazedahustla

Thats just your personal situation but doesn’t really speak for anyone else’s situation. I also copped the first WIMAX phone and I had 4G from Day 1 and its still strong to this day. SO to each his own and LTE will be no different.

• Jake Gall

Ofcourse until crapple decides to sue for something this phone has.

• hinds

This goes to show that American carriers suck!

• Jesse sepeda

It’s not that, it’s just America doesn’t manufacture phones, that’s why everybody gets em before we do.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• jonathan3579

• aranea

• Jesse sepeda

But the carriers DO suck though!!!

• Jesse sepeda

Yes, because they don’t want unlocked phones. In Europe and Asia they all use unlocked phones, which release first. U.S. Carriers want their own versions(variants) of the unlocked phones.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

The blame rests 100% with US carriers since the major players want exclusive devices that can not be purchased on other networks. The only time we see something hit a US carrier first is when they order an exclusive phone (EVO 4G, myTouch 4G, EVO 3D).

• BiGMERF

Ok lets start guys.. Gimmie the odds that Tmo is in on this? LMAO

• Bpear96

• Bart

I’m so getting this on launch day! I was actually hoping for end of march, but I can wait till april I guess:)

• Shawn Clark

Sounds like HTC has another “Hero Phone” on the way.

• cb2000a

• Owain

I’ve been reading comments on non-Android specific sties and iPhone kids are stating how ugly this phone is… gets me that they either call it an ‘iClone’ or ‘Ugly’ … Personally I like this design… Though I’m itching for a slide-out full Qwerty version.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• jamal adam

• Nathan D.

Please go to T-Mobile, just please

• napsan

Please…does anybody know if it will be a Verizon phone?

• Grossed out

US carriers are the worst when it comes to new releases. Every carrier wanting they’re own watered down version to cut cost, or carry bloatware, or conform to marketing strategies. It’s gross! US carriers have totally ruined great phones before, and I hope they don’t do it here. That is one thing I will give Apple, they don’t take any carrier BS. I think HTC and the like should follow suite and stop catering to the carriers.

1. strong showing for this device

• Yep I’m predicting it will be the best Android device shown at MWC later this month.

• I see this coming to T-Mobile :P

• Are you all forgetting this has a 4.7″ display!? That’s a damn monster. Way too big for a phone, I think.

• mmmaxheadroomGuest 3 years ago

• The Sensation is what I have, so yea I know how the qHD resolution makes a nice difference. I think the Sensation is the perfect size, but I understand how someone with larger hands may want something bigger. For me though, the Sensation is the perfect size.

• OreoGuest 3 years ago

2. If it will have Sprint LTE, it might just be my next phone!

• unless you already have sprint lte in your area, i’d hold off getting an lte phone. i had the epic 4g for over a year before i got wimax in my area. i was a loyal sprint customer (14 yrs) but sprint is so far behind the leaders that i switched to vzw to get consistent 4g service. i still like sprint and i hope that they do catch up but in the lte race. but they’ve got a real ambitious plan that might be a little out of reach considering their financial position.

• swazedahustlaGuest 3 years ago

3. Ofcourse until crapple decides to sue for something this phone has.

4. hindsGuest 3 years ago

This goes to show that American carriers suck!

• Jesse sepedaGuest 3 years ago

• That argument is flawed since HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony and most other phone manufacturers all make their phones in Asia. By that logic, Europe would get the phones at the same time as US carriers.

• Let’s not forget even the “holy grail” for iSheep isn’t manufactured wholly here. I don’t care where my phone is manufactured personally, only that it serves my purposes and looks beautiful doing it.

5. I don’t understand why the trend is shifting towards releasing phones and tablets later in the US. It used to be that US gets things first. Is it the carriers to blame?

• Jesse sepedaGuest 3 years ago

But the carriers DO suck though!!!

• Jesse sepedaGuest 3 years ago

• The trend has always been that new phones get released in Europe first. The only exception to that rule has been with Motorola, iOS and WebOS devices. HTC, Nokia, Sony, Samsung and LG have always released their high-end devices to European customers months before they reach American shores.

6. Ok lets start guys.. Gimmie the odds that Tmo is in on this? LMAO

7. Pretty unrelated, but straight talk now offers BYOD with there sim cards, you can get any gsm phone, and run it on at&t or tmobile network for $45 a month “unlimited” everything (data is somewhat limited) and you get full hspa+ speeds, and ive been over 2gb and been fine, there is not written cap on data. Straighttalksim.com is the site :D, this was possible before, but had to use a loophole and costed more.

8. BartGuest 3 years ago

9. Sounds like HTC has another “Hero Phone” on the way.

10. U.S.carriers are very slow to adopt. Hopefully someday they will get their act together…but somehow I doubt it….

11. OwainGuest 3 years ago

• That’s always going to be the case. It’s not the most beautiful phone ever made by HTC, but its certainly not ugly. That being said, this is an early render which means the final product could look much different.

12. Now, hopefully HTC releases this beauty not long after it is revealed. T-Mobile, I am looking at you.

13. Please go to T-Mobile, just please

14. napsanGuest 3 years ago

Please…does anybody know if it will be a Verizon phone?

15. Grossed outGuest 3 years ago