Verizon and Motorola have announced software updates for the DROID Bionic, DROID XYBOARD 10.1 and 8.2, DROID RAZR and RAZR Maxx. The updates mainly deliver much needed bug fixes and battery improvements to the three phones, but the XYBOARD tablets are being equipped with global roaming capabilities.
In order to enable the GSM 3G connection, the XYBOARDs will need two separate updates. The first update will enable global roaming while the second update (which will be pushed out within two weeks of the first) will update the SIM card.
Verizon’s announcement claims that the software update for the DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX are being pushed out right now. If you have not already received an update notification on your phone, go to Settings > About Phone > System Update. Let us know how the update goes and if you notice any significant system stability and improved battery life.
Motorola DROID XYBOARD 10.1 & 8.2 software update highlights
- Enhanced browser performance to improve scrolling.
- Improved Touch Response that includes Stylus enhancements.
- Maintain data connection when switching between Wi-Fi and the Verizon 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Successfully connect to 4G LTE network and see the 4G LTE indicator.
- Device is now capable of Global Roaming.
- Keyboard function supported in docking station.
Motorola DROID RAZR/Maxx software update highlights
- Improved data throughput performance in low-signal 4G environments
- Improved Battery life when using Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) Bluetooth® headsets
- Improved device stability when moving between home screen panels
- When performing an Over the Air (OTA) update, the display will correctly show the remaining download time.
- Favorite Contacts widget has been updated
Motorola DROID Bionic software update highlights
- Receive text message alerts while on voice calls without voice call interruption
- Improved audio while streaming video to a TV using the HDMI connection.
- Improvements in device stability to prevent black screen lockups, camera multi-shot lockups, idle resets, multimedia dock lockups
- Data connectivity and stability improvements.
- Improvements in battery life.
Customers who have signed up for e-mail alerts will receive an email notification after the second update alerting them that the tablet is Global Ready. Before traveling outside the United States, customer will need to power on the tablet and establish a data connection on the Verizon Wireless network for 15 minutes to ensure the update takes effect and also enroll in a Global Data Plan that fits their travel needs at www.verizonwireless.com/global
Verizon Wireless has begun pushing a software update to the DROID BIONIC, DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola. The update enhances data connectivity, access to V CAST Apps and more. Customers can visitwww.verizonwireless.com/