The moment we have all been waiting for has come. HTC has officially announced the HTC One X, revealing to the world their first ever phone powered by an NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor. By now, we’re sure you can recite the phone’s spec sheet by heart, but there’s a little twist that none of us were really expecting.
HTC will be making a second version of the HTC One X available which will use a Qualcomm S4 dual-core processor with LTE integration which will be available exclusively from AT&T in the US market. Exact launch details (pricing and dates) for the HTC One X are currently not available, but we’re been told to expect the phone within the “coming months.”
HTC One X specifications
- Size: 134.36 x 69.9 x 9.29 (LxWxT)
- Weight: 130 grams (4.59 ounces)
- Display: 4.7-inch Super LCD2 720p HD resolution with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- CPU: 1.5 GHz Super 4-PLUS-1 quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor
- Memory: 32 GB of internal storage (26 GB usable), 1GB of RAM, 25 GB DropBox cloud storage
- Battery: built-inch 1800 mAh Li-polymer battery
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 MHz HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps, GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- NFC (with support for Google Wallet)
- microUSB 2.0 with MHL video link
- Pogo Pin Connector for Audio and Charing
- Dual Shutter Camera Module withVideo Pic feature which allow you to record HD video and take pictures simultaneously
- f2.0 aperture and BSI sensor
- Dedicated HTC lmageChip for clearer, sharper shots
- 28mm Wide Angle lens,
- 1080p HD video recording
- Quick access from lockscreen to activate camera instantaneously and speedy shot to shot capability
- Always Focus and Extended Depth of Field features ensure the target of your photo is always looking sharp
- Face and smile detection
- Burst mode up to 5fps (frames per second)
- High speed video capture and playback in slow motion and Video stabilisation
- Geo tagging
- 1.3MP front camera
- Gyro sensor
- Digital compass
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- HTC Watch for access to thousands of blockbuster Hollywood movies and TV shows
- Dedicated Game store app from EA Games
- Sound Enhancement:
- Beats Audio
- Dual microphones with Noise Reduction and stereo voice recording
- HD voice compliant (subject to network availability)
- Wi-Fi‘: IEEE 802.llb/9/n (2.4GHz)
- Bluetooth‘ 3.0 with FTP/OPP for file transfer, A2DP for wireless stereo headsets, and PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
- Internal GPS antenna
BARCELONA, SPAIN — Mobile World Congress — February 26, 2012 — HTC, a global designer of smartphones, today unveiled its new HTC One series of smartphones that represent its most premium mobile experience with a new level of iconic design and amazing camera and authentic sound experience.
“The best moments in life are captured with a photo or remembered by a song, so it was key for the HTC One series to improve these emotional experiences with an amazing camera and authentic sound experience,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “We are very focused on creating a camera and audio experience customers will love and use often and we believe the HTC One series delivers this in a way never seen on a phone before.”
With HTC’s most premium experience, the HTC One series integrates Android 4.0 (ICS) with HTC Senseâ„¢ 4, the new version of HTC’s branded user experience that is introducing HTC ImageSenseâ„¢, a new suite of camera and imaging features that set HTC One apart from other phones. HTC Sense 4 also includes broad enhancements to audio quality and simplifies how people listen to music on their phone.
With ImageSense HTC One rivals traditional digital cameras with improvements to every part of the camera, including the lens, the sensor, the software, and even integrating a new custom HTC ImageChip. These enhancements combine to deliver our fastest image capture, best image quality under adverse conditions and easiest interface that enables quick access to capturing stills and videos with side-by-side photo and video capture buttons.
- Superfast Capture - HTC One dramatically reduces the time it takes to capture those key moments. In just 0.7 seconds you’re able to take a shot, and with a new superfast 0.2-seconds autofocus, continue to take nearly unlimited continuous shots simply by holding the shutter button.
- Good photos in adverse conditions - HTC One delivers dramatic enhancements in image capture quality even in adverse conditions such as low light, no light or with bright backlighting. The f/2.0 lens on the HTC One X and HTC One S offers best-in-class performance, capturing 40 percent more light than the f/2.4 lenses available on other high-end phones. HTC One also includes HDR, a market-leading technology, for taking great photos even when there are varying levels of brightness.
- Video Pic (Concurrent Video/Still Capture) — With Video Pic you capture a photo and shoot video at the same time. Now, while you’re shooting HD video, all you have to do is tap the shutter button and it snaps a high-resolution still photo while the video continues to shoot. You are also able to capture a photo frame from a previously recorded video.
- Dropbox integrated with HTC Sense - HTC One gives you an easy way to save and share your photos and videos. HTC has integrated Dropbox into HTC Sense 4 enabling HTC One customers to get 25 gigabytes of free Dropbox space for two years. That’s enough to keep more than 10,000 high-quality photos. Dropbox is also integrated throughout HTC Sense 4, so it’s easy to edit, save and share your documents and other kinds of files.
- Sharing your photos and more - HTC One gives you a new way to share your photos and videos. When you plug in HTC’s wireless Media Link HD* accessory into your TV’s HDMI port, you can easily share your photos, videos, or anything else on your phone with your friends, family or colleagues regardless of the television’s brand as long as it has HDMI.
With HTC One, Beats By Dr. Dre Audioâ„¢ integration is enabled for the first time across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound whether you’re listening to your favorite music, watching a YouTubeâ„¢ video or playing a game. HTC One also makes it easy to get and listen to your music on your phone with the built-in HTC Sync Manager software that automatically installs to your computer when connected. Once connected, it is easy to transfer songs, artists and playlists from your music library.
Of course, people today no longer just listen to the songs stored on their phones; they use streaming services and tune into Internet radio. So HTC One lets you customize the new Music Hub with your favorite services and music applications, like the latest Soundhound technology, giving you one place to go for all of your music.
HTC One lets you take all of your music anywhere, including the car. With HTC One, you get an easy way to bring your mobile music to your car’s sound system with the HTC Car Stereo Clip*. It also lets you connect to your music through more than 50 thousand online radio stations worldwide or play music from any service or app on your phone through your car speakers. All this makes HTC One the one place to enjoy all your music, wherever you are, with the power of Beats By Dr. Dre Audio and HTC Car.
HTC One X
The HTC One X features a beautifully crafted polycarbonate unibody that has the ruggedness of metal but is super lightweight. With seamless construction, the unibody combines a unique high gloss ‘piano’ finish and a matte back. HTC One is blazing fast with the new NVIDIA® Tegra 3 Mobile Processor for clear graphics, faster applications and longer battery life. It includes a 1.5GHz Super 4-PLUS-1â„¢ quad-core with an integrated fifth Battery Saver Core and a high-performance 12-Core NVIDIA® GPU. The HTC One also has an amazing 4.7-inch, 720p HD screen crafted from contoured Corningâ„¢ Gorilla Glass. HTC One X will also be available in select 4G LTE markets with a LTE-enabled Qualcomm Snapdragon S4â„¢ processor with up to 1.5GHz dual-core CPU’s.
With unprecedented excitement, the HTC One series will begin shipping in April with broad global availability available beginning in April through more than 140 mobile operators and distributors globally. For more information and to pre-register for HTC One visit www.htc.com.
HTC One Series
Europe, Middle East and Africa - A1 Austria, BH Telecom Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bite Lithuania, Bouygues Telecom France, Cellcom Israel, Cosmote Greece, Cosmote Romania & Global Bulgaria, Cyta Cyprus, E-Plus Germany, Elisa Estonia, Elisa Finland, EMT Estonia, Euroset Russia, Everything Everywhere UK, H3G Austria, H3G Denmark, H3G Ireland, H3G Sweden, H3G UK, KPN Netherlands, Turkcell Turkey, LMT Latvia, M-Tel Bulgaria, Meteor Ireland, Mirs Israel, Mobilezone Switzerland, Avea Turkey, MTN Cyprus, Netcom Norway, O2 Germany, O2 Ireland, O2 UK, Omnitel Lithuania, Orange Austria, Orange France, Orange Israel, Orange Poland, Orange Romania, Orange Slovakia, Orange Switzerland, Pelephone Israel, Play Poland, MTS Russia, SFR France, SiMobil Slovenia, Sunrise Switzerland, Svyaznoy Russia, Swisscom Switzerland, T-Mobile Austria, T-Mobile Croatia, T-Mobile Czech Republic, T-Mobile Germany, T-Mobile Hungary, T-Mobile Macedonia, T-Mobile Netherlands, T-Mobile Slovakia, TDC Denmark, Tele2 Estonia, Tele2 Latvia, Tele2 Lithuania, Telefonica Czech Republic, Telekom Slovenia, Telenor Denmark, Telenor Hungary, Telenor Montenegro, Telenor Norway, Telenor Serbia, Telenor Sweden, Telia Denmark, Telia Sweden, TIM Italy, Tusmobil Slovenia, Vipnet Croatia, VIP Mobile Serbia, VIP Operator Macedonia, Virgin UK, Vodafone Czech Republic, Vodafone Germany, Vodafone Greece, Vodafone Hungary, Vodafone Ireland, Vodafone Italy, Vodafone Netherlands, Vodafone Romania, Vodafone Turkey, Vodafone UK, Wind Greece North America: AT&T, Bell Mobility, Best Buy, C-Spire, Cellcom, Fido, Metro PCS, Bluegrass, OpenMobile, RadioShack, Rogers Communications, T-Mobile USA, Target, TELUS, U.S. Cellular, Virgin Mobile, Virgin Mobile CanadaLatin America: Cellcom, Claro Argentina (AmÃ©rica MÃ³vil), Claro PerÃº (AmÃ©rica MÃ³vil), Claro Puerto Rico (AmÃ©rica MÃ³vil), Entel Chile, Iusacell MÃ©xico, Movistar Chile (TelefÃ³nica), nTelos, Telcel MÃ©xico (AmÃ©rica MÃ³vil), Telecom Personal Argentina, TelefÃ³nica Brazil, Asia-Pacific: AIS, Bharti Airtel, China Mobile (TD-SCDMA), ChungHwa Telecom, 3HK, CSL, DiGi, DTAC, Fareastone, Globe Telecom, Indosat, M1, Mobifone, Maxis, Optus, SingTel, Smart, Smartone, StarHub, Taiwan Mobile, Telkomsel, Telstra, Viettel, Vinaphone, Vivo, Vodafone Australia, Vodafone New Zealand, XL Axiata, TRUE