Feb 05 AT 9:28 PM Taylor Wimberly 51 Comments

Samsung posts Super Bowl ad online, Androids #votefornote

samsung-votefornote

Samsung just aired their first Super Bowl ad and now the video is online for everyone to see. Check out the 90 second clip below and let us know what you think in the comments below. Was this $10 million well spent? Did Samsung produce your favorite ad or did you prefer one of the numerous car ads from Acura, Chevrolet, Fita, Kia, or another?

If you want to show your Android pride, make sure to vote for Samsung’s Super Bowl ad in the YouTube Adblitz, Twitter Ad Scrimmage, and Super Bowl Ad Meter.

Update: Samsung also just posted some behind the scenes videos of their ad where you can win the props.

• BiGMERF

Decent but not epic. .now release on tmo

• Russ

From what I understand, two months later, and called “The Blaze”

• Jon B
  • richard

Nice. Samsung tak’n a bite out the apple again! love the Samsung.

• Bpear96

• Galen20K

I’m not sure if its worth the money they payed for that spot, but I liked it

• schofieldesign

• schofieldesign

…the jerry seinfeld part of the acura commercial

Stupid mispress of the post comment button…

• http://gplus.to/anujahooja anujahooja

You’d think they’d learn something from those awesome Galaxy Nexus ads. Now THAT was marketing done right.

• AsakuraZero

• Galen20K

• autonomousgerm

Exactly why it will fail badly. They don’t know about the ins and outs of Android, and need to be educated to it. They did nothing but parade around a load of crap happening. It tells me nothing of the phone, other than “if you hate Apple a lot, here’s a phone that may or may not do something, but you sure do hate Apple, so buy our phone instead.”

• honourbound68

• greeny42

Was anyone else disappointed with the quality of the commercials overall?

• KennyL

• Y314K

• jsweetser2

all the hype, none of the satisfaction. I was dissapointed.

• spazby

Not impressed

• Anthony44

Just saying.
    Ill keep my galaxy nexus thanks but no thanks

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• WlfHart

Sammy could have been more clever with the spot, but not a bad commercial.

• Wilson Lara

It was ok, i was expecting a lot more from the longest superbowl ad.
    Could’ve spent their money in wiser ways.

• atul0002

I think they hyped it up a bit too much but still a very good commercial

• atul0002

I think they hyped it up a bit too much but still a very good commercial.

• kwills88

It was great until the whole song and dance number.

• ericl5112

• Billy

• Steve

Good commercials, funny. But people don’t buy Samsung gear because it makes them happy. They buy it becaus they ate too broke. Stupid or just foolish

• Oskar Wismierski

• bd1212

• Judy

Wow, all that money for that commercial. What a waste of money.

• jmon

This was a waste of 90 seconds.

• sunrise

10 million for that? Wasn’t worth it.

How about they invest that money into supporting updates for their phones. Build a loyal customer base instead of blowing 10 million on a not so great commercial.

• delinear

I also don’t like the whole “the next big thing is already here… again” – to me the “again” part is just a reminder that something better is always just around the corner, definitely not something you want people to focus on. Not the worst ad ever but I know they can do better than this.

• technobaboy.com

i don’t like it. not worth the $10M in my opinion

• yankeesusa

• autonomousgerm

They aren’t going to pull iOS users away from iOS by making them look like idiots. That can only backfire and strengthen Apple customers’ own confirmation bias.

• Uncle Rico

• DuDlik

Hello from Russia. Very nice post.

• laughlin

One word for this ad: hideous. Samsung has a monster of a phone that is capturing the attention of a lot of us and they spend most of the ad time showing absolute mindless B*S. Who is making these android ads, a tweener who just chugged a bottle of robo?

• MitchRapp81

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• pjax

A lot of things were wrong about it. And for $10M, it should have been perfect

everything is just too CHEESY
    the acting
    the song and dance
    the song
    the skateboard
    the cannon

I’m definitely not buying a Galaxy Note because of this

• http://www.jimtravis.com jimtravis

• http://nickvettesephotography.com Nicholas Vettese

Samsung should have been less flashy and more knowledgeable.

• Johnathan Prochaska

I like how they threw in a Galaxy Tab recording video at the end.

• fecat17

Tight game up until the end so I’m sure a lot of people saw the commercial. If it were a blow out /one sided game, not so much. I’ve had the unlocked Note since early December. I lost count of how many people that asked me “what’s that?”

• frankwhite44

They should’ve stuck to the basics of the GSII commercials. This one sucked.

• glennw

1. Decent but not epic. .now release on tmo

2. Jon BGuest 3 years ago
  3. richardGuest 3 years ago

Nice. Samsung tak’n a bite out the apple again! love the Samsung.

4. Nooo D:, lol i recorded this with my Galaxy s ii, and am uploading it to youtube now. I saw it on the live stream on http://player.nbcsports.com/SNFPlayer.html?PID=61&referrer=http://snfallaccess.nbcsports.com/ .. thought i was gonna get tons of views, oh well :P

5. I’m not sure if its worth the money they payed for that spot, but I liked it

6. I thought it was one of the better done commercials, loved the Urlacher part, and it was weird because me and my family were jokingly wondering what it would be like if the darkness did the halftime show and then they ended up in this commercial, how random. But I didlike

7. …the jerry seinfeld part of the acura commercial

Stupid mispress of the post comment button…

8. What a waste of a minute and a half. They could have used that time to tell viewers how good the device is and how robust the OS is but…no…LET’S ALL DANCE!

• yes the commercial was indeed empty, no substance about the phone or the OS, nor the real usability of it, samsung played this one dead

• I completely agree with you guys but look at the generally common average consumer, empty with no substance. They don’t care about the things that us enthusiasts care about, at least not nearly to the same degree.

• autonomousgermGuest 3 years ago

• yep. i didnt like the commercial either (in comparison to the gn ads). i liked the greek yogurt commercial

9. Was anyone else disappointed with the quality of the commercials overall?

10. Meh. The Chevy Silverado commercial was better. Anyone catch the Fallout 3 reference in that one?

11. Damn The Darkness… They got my hopes up about the Note on TMobile because of the jumpsuit color… But it seems that is a normal setup for Justin Hawkins… Guess is back to waiting for SGIII…

12. all the hype, none of the satisfaction. I was dissapointed.

13. Really what a waste. The note size wasnt even mentioned besides they made it look like a freaking toy held by drug addicts
    Just saying.
    Ill keep my galaxy nexus thanks but no thanks

14. I say the M&M commercial was the best. Samsung should have spent its money on something else.

15. Sammy could have been more clever with the spot, but not a bad commercial.

16. It was ok, i was expecting a lot more from the longest superbowl ad.
    Could’ve spent their money in wiser ways.

17. atul0002Guest 3 years ago

I think they hyped it up a bit too much but still a very good commercial

18. I think they hyped it up a bit too much but still a very good commercial.

19. It was great until the whole song and dance number.

20. It was entertaining, I guess. Didn’t really show anyone why they would want to buy it other than the pen. Doesn’t even show much about the size.

21. Entertaining. Better than most but not as good as some. Either way I dig the Note and want to see some VZW love!!

22. SteveGuest 3 years ago

23. For the money they paid to air it, it’s quite crap.. sorry but I expected something better. It looks like it’s been come up with over night

24. Literally 5 seconds of that ad actually showed the phone’s features. And that’s being generous.

25. JudyGuest 3 years ago

Wow, all that money for that commercial. What a waste of money.

26. This was a waste of 90 seconds.

27. 10 million for that? Wasn’t worth it.

• Yeah, felt a little flat, I don’t think it did a lot to sell either the phone or Samsung as a brand. I know we’re meant to laugh at the guy at the end, but I had pretty much the same reaction as him (and this is coming from a big Samsung fan and GNex owner).

28. technobaboy.comGuest 3 years ago

i don’t like it. not worth the $10M in my opinion

29. I dont know how much it was worth but it wasn’t my favorite. But at the same time samsung i think is trying to reach certain people with this ad. I think they are trying to gain new customers from ios and other os’s and trying to get those people who prefer a bigger screen. In the end I think most people once they get their hands on the note, are going to like it. Especially those who a lot of times need something like that pen stylus. I think it will sell.

• autonomousgermGuest 3 years ago

30. kinda lame.. all the previous Samsung commercials were so much better… this was OVERKILL.. lame at best.. bummer, waited all night in anticipation for something freakin’ AWESOME.. in an ultimate iFan dissin’ kinda way.. but alas.. no joy… guess there’s always reruns! :)

31. DuDlikGuest 3 years ago

Hello from Russia. Very nice post.

32. laughlinGuest 3 years ago

33. The beginning killed me :p Montreal apple fanboys waiting in line hahaha. Classic

34. Man the dude from The Darkness’ facial hair kinda creeps me out. It’s like he’s one of the Three Musketeers, but with a higher voice and an axe. They all wear tights.

35. A lot of things were wrong about it. And for $10M, it should have been perfect

everything is just too CHEESY
    the acting
    the song and dance
    the song
    the skateboard
    the cannon

I’m definitely not buying a Galaxy Note because of this

36. Do own an imported Note, and love the device. Thought they could have done more to show how technically “special” the device is in the commercial, but the commercial was probably targeted toward the non-tech, “how cool is it” iOS leaning audience. Since I am not in that target audience, don’t know how effective (or not) it was.

37. I was not impressed. I think for the price that was paid, and the studio producing it, we should have had more about what it is. Truthfully, if I didn’t watch all the other commercials all the time, I would have had no clue what this was about.

Samsung should have been less flashy and more knowledgeable.

38. I think for the average consumer it was a good commercial. As soon as that song started, everyone in the room turned their attention to the TV and were impressed by the phone. It could have been better though but the main individualistic aspect of the phone is the bigger size and the stylus, which they highlighted pretty well.

I like how they threw in a Galaxy Tab recording video at the end.

39. fecat17Guest 3 years ago

40. They should’ve stuck to the basics of the GSII commercials. This one sucked.

41. Meh. Only information I could glean from the commercial was that it has a stylus. Not really something that would make anyone rush to the stores for.