May 06 AT 9:37 AM Nick Gray 22 Comments

HTC One X now available from AT&T

htc_one_x_att

The HTC One X from AT&T is finally here! AT&T stores across the country are now selling the HTC One X for $199.99 with a new two year contract while off-contract pricing is set at $549. If you’re looking to save a little extra cash, you can pick up the HTC One X from Amazon Wireless for only $149.99.

Based on our review of the HTC One X, it is currently the best Android powered phone money can buy in the U.S. market. The HTC One X’s 4.7-inch 720p Super LCD2 display is breathtaking and the battery life of the phone will impress even the toughest skeptics.  Is the HTC One X right phone for you? Only you can decide that. Leave us a comment below and let us know if you plan to or have already purchased the HTC One X.

• jonathan3579

Too bad HTC isn’t currently unlocking the bootloader for it.

• diaztradeinc

yea if bootloader wasn’t locked down i would of went for it. But for now ill stick with my monster galaxy note! Its a beast!

• halo0

out of stock already!

• Good_Ole_Pinocchio

• JR

I am with T-Mobile and was deciding between the One S, GNEX, GSIII, or moving to AT&T for the One X.

I’ll tell you IMO only, I played with the One X and other than a slightly better display, quality wise, not size, I much preferred the One S. The One X is still just a tad too wide to be really comfortable to hold. And honestly, the style and feel of the ONE S is nicer than the X. Don’t get me wrong it’s a great phone but if you don’t need NFC, or the more storage then the One S is a much easier phone to handle. Imagine if they put a 720P PLUS AMOLED display, slightly larger battery, NFC and more storage in the ONE S? It would outsell the X in a heartbeat.

Not to mention cheaper plan wise if you have T-Mobile. After seeing the SGIII, which I was waiting for, I wasn’t impressed enough to wait another six months before it land here in the U.S. If it had the 5512 A-15 Quad core and RGB screen, then that might have been a different story.

It is One S for me, at least for the time being until something else drops.

• snowbdr89

cheaper plans? i just switched to att and i have the 39$ plan with unlimited mobile to mobile anynetwork but you have to get the unlimited text plan, so all together im at 89 a month saving me 80 bucks a month over the nazis at verizon!!

• Scott

I was paying $67/mo on Tmo with an unsubsidized phone. 450 min + unlimited text and data. I only switched to AT&T because my wife is already on it and the monthly for a family plan works out to be about the same for us. Cheaper than Verizon is not cheap.

• snowbdr89

I use to always be an att hater but im liking att so far!!

• Nathan D.

Hopefully T-Mobile might see this phone come to them.

• Richard Yarrell

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• jonathan3579

• squiddy20

He won’t. In the 2 or so years that I’ve been correcting his sorry as, he still uses “rather” in place of “whether” as in “whether or not”, he still doesn’t know the difference between their, there, and they’re, and he still thinks he knows “everything” about technology when he can’t even root his “pimp slapping” Galaxy Nexus, possibly THE easiest device to root.

• Mandela

I want the galaxy S3, but they’re trying to compete with iPhone which I don’t believe is the right thing, so might as well just release it!!!:(

• frankthgr8

1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Tegra 3

• Tariq

I’ve had the one x for about 3 weeks now and I would highly recommend it, I just can’t put it down. Everything about it is beutifull, I’m just waiting on the HTC media link to get this baby on to the big screen. If you’re in two minds about your next phone, this is the one you’ve been waiting for, I know I’ve been waiting for this phone for the past two years, it’s the all round superstar

• Scott

I’ve had it for a couple of days now. My prior phone was the Nexus One. Overall, I like it. I could do without the AT&T crapware and setup process. (why do I have to go to the AT&T website on a PC to setup my phone?) I’m also disappointed that I can’t unlock it, but I never rooted my N1.

The bigger issues, IMHO, are that of the 16GB of memory, all but 3GB are marked as Phone Storage. Apps must be moved to it, like moving to SD. I gave up the SD slot, thinking that with 16GB on board, at least I wouldn’t run out of space for apps. Now I’m less certain of that.

The size isn’t a problem. ICS, the screen, camera, and build of the phone are all top notch. Sense doesn’t annoy me as much as I expected it to.

Google Wallet doesn’t work. :-( AT&T < TMobile, but maybe that will change when they deploy LTE in my area. HSPA+ is identified as 4G in the notification bar. It's fast enough for me, but funny for a company that also has LTE. Battery life is around 14 hours on a day that I spent a long time downloading and configuring apps (mostly wifi).

I'm not sure about Beats. I have a Motorola 605 Bluetooth adapter in my car with a 7 speaker Bose factory stereo. The audio sounds compressed compared to Bluetooth on the N1. The speakers crunch at lower volume.

All in all, though, I'm happy with the phone. (My N1 had a bad touchscreen, Low Storage messages, a broken power button, and a 4-6 hour average battery life. YMMV.)

• snowbdr89

Did you know you can disable all that bloatware?

• Scott

Yes, although I have only disabled a couple of applications that I know I won’t use.

• spazby

great phone, i am sure that the sales will suffer a bit as it is locked….

• Ichigo

I just preordered my Galaxy S 3!!!!

• picklesnickles

Can someone please comment about the battery life?

• Mix

I am with Bell and they don’t have anything that warrants a purchase yet :/

1. Too bad HTC isn’t currently unlocking the bootloader for it.

2. diaztradeincGuest 3 years ago

3. out of stock already!

4. If this phone had an SD or 32GB i’d be all over it. My GNEX with 32 currently has 9GBs of APPS ALONE… I wouldn’t be able to survive…. I’m way to used to this new lifestyle of having a lot of storage.

5. JRGuest 3 years ago

It is One S for me, at least for the time being until something else drops.

• snowbdr89Guest 3 years ago

• ScottGuest 3 years ago

6. Hopefully T-Mobile might see this phone come to them.

• Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• Dick, you are again citing rumors as facts. I am convinced that you will never learn your lesson. NEVER!

• squiddy20Guest 3 years ago

7. MandelaGuest 3 years ago

8. 1. Verizon Wireless
    2. Tegra 3

9. TariqGuest 3 years ago

10. ScottGuest 3 years ago

11. great phone, i am sure that the sales will suffer a bit as it is locked….

12. IchigoGuest 3 years ago

I just preordered my Galaxy S 3!!!!

13. Can someone please comment about the battery life?

14. I wonder if and when more Canadian companies will get the One X or something similar as it looks like Rogers has it.

I am with Bell and they don’t have anything that warrants a purchase yet :/