If you are a hardcore Android fan, then chances are you have converted several of your friends and family members to your favorite mobile OS. That means you have probably taken a few support calls from people looking for help with their new Android device. Some issues can be solved with a quick phone call, but others require a little more effort.
This week TeamViewer released a new Android app that aims to make remote support a breeze. The new TeamViewer QuickSupport lets you provide remote technical support to colleagues, friends, and family who need assistance with their Android device. Friends just need to install the free app from the Google Play store and then provide you with a QuickSupport ID that allows you to establish a connection with the device.
Highlights of TeamViewer QuickSupport include:
- Access Samsung mobile devices from any Windows, Mac, or Linux computer with TeamViewer.
- IT departments can help employees resolve any support questions with their Samsung mobile device quickly and easily
- Conveniently control the mobile device from your computer to edit text messages, check email account settings, or troubleshoot other apps etc.
- Secured connection with 256 Bit AES Session Encoding
- The app is compatible with Samsung mobile devices running original Samsung Android firmware (Android 2.3 or later).
- The app is free!
As someone who use to provide remote desktop support, I’m really excited to see this service come to Android. Unfortunately, it looks like the TeamViewer QuickSupport app only works with Samsung devices at the moment. I’m not sure if this is an exclusive promotion, but hopefully it comes to more devices soon.