Sep 19 AT 9:16 AM Taylor Wimberly 33 Comments

Hands-on the LG Optimus G

lg-optimus-g-hands-on

Want a closer look at the upcoming LG Optimus G? The device is coming to the US in November and it has a spec sheet that makes us drool. If you want to see what to expect from this powerhouse device then check out the six minute hands-on review by LG Mobile’s Chief Research Engineer, Dr. Henry Nho. Check out the clip and let us know what you think. Could this be your next Android phone?

• thekaz

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

Stop signing contracts then :P

• droilfade

• ken

WIND Mobile, if they’re in your area. $40/month unlimited Canada voice, txt, data. three nexuses (nexi?) and going strong.

• ditch the contract

Just buy an unlocked phone and pay for the service… not sure why more people don’t do this. Much cheaper to purchase a phone outright and then pay for the service as you go rather than signing a contract. That way you can jump ship easily if the carrier does something dumb.

• ditch the contract

Just buy an unlocked phone and pay for the service… not sure why more people don’t do this. Much cheaper to purchase a phone outright and then pay for the service as you go rather than signing a contract. That way you can jump ship easily if the carrier does something dumb…. which they will probably do at some point during a contract term.

• Romney (hates 47% of all americans)

LG=no updates. $hitphones!!!!

• droilfade

• http://androidandme.com Taylor Wimberly

• Me

Same skin for the Motion 4G as well and it is a huge step up from the Revolution/Esteem and smooth as silk.

• RobBull75

• co.ag.2005

• Hinds2009

LG has really stepped up their game!

• jordanfritzsche

Please make into a Nexus device!!! This phone looks superb! Definitely want it!

• Fulaman

Does it have a microSD card slot? Also is it a removable battery?

• SGB101

Software looks great, love it.

• MyMilan

• Joshua Talley

Still looks too much like an iPhone. One of the things I like about phones such as the HTC One S and the Galaxy Nexus are the curves and the different approaches to design.

The specs, however…wow.

• Mix

Nexus or not this just might be my first Android device.

I will wait for some reviews first though just to be safe ;)

• rashad360

• jamal adam

Woah!! That’s a lot of cool features they showed.

• diordna

This phone appears to have take all the good qualities of the Galaxy SII and added more. The design is looks perfect to me, I so hope this phone won’t be a flop like the G2X.

• Prince77

• Nathan D.

• Nathan D.

• KzD

13MP camera is far from the highest on smartphones today…

• Bikram

The new features are awesome for a change, and not just gimmicks like those on GS3. The notes overlay would be a life saver. The dual-screen-dual-play makes sense. pinch-to-zoom on any grid display should be available across android ecosystem. I can see why Google would want to make this the next nexus device.

But the device itself looks ugly. Sorry, but the back panel is just hideous. And the home screen, icons, bundled non-stock apps – all are below par, looks wise. Just my views though. Don’t gang up on my for expressing my views.

• ngrj93

the design looks nice and minimalistic

• MoSDeeb

It has a very nice design. Still feel burned by the G2x…

• Mix

That is brutal and does not sounds like a Nexus device to me.

[b]Source[/b]

• Rashaan

WOAH JB early Q2 of 2013 EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

• Darkseider

Some of the features are freaking sweet! The hardware specs are mind blowing but alas its’ LG. Unless this does become a Nexus device I will probably be staying away from it.

• RonWeez

1. It is a nice looking phone. Unfortunately, I am one 1 year into my current contract. May be my wife’s next phone, though!

• Stop signing contracts then :P

• I have been wishing to do that for a while now in Canada. I wanted to buy an unlocked Nexus but I would still have to pay $50 p.m. for data! If anyone in Canada knows a better alternative, let me know and I’ll ask Richard Branson can go take a hike!

• kenGuest 3 years ago

• ditch the contractGuest 3 years ago

• ditch the contractGuest 3 years ago

• Romney (hates 47% of all americans)Guest 3 years ago

LG=no updates. $hitphones!!!!

2. Looks good! The features are nice….hope the skin is non-intrusive in the other elements of Android like with Touchwiz. Good support and quick upgrades and a sure winner!

• It looks like the same skin from the LG Optimus 4X HD. I’ve been using the device as my daily phone for a couple weeks and it’s one of the least-annoying skins ever. I prefer it over Sense and TouchWiz.

• MeGuest 3 years ago

• It’s still a skin. We recently saw Google flex their muscles with Acer. It would be nice for them to lean on OEMs to move away from skinning (ruining) Android and speeding up the upgrade cycle. Multiple Nexus devices is a good start to a purer Android experience. All that being said, this skin is not as bad as other manufacturers’ garbage. I’m still traumatized by the G2x experience, so I don’t know if I can trust another LG devices that doesn’t say ‘Nexus’ on it.

3. I think it’s a beautiful design and I can’t wait to go hands on when it comes to the states. However, is it just me, or does the physical design of the phone look a lot like the Galaxy SII (I9100)? (minus the bump on the bottom of the SGSII). Watching the very first seconds of this video and I thought this phone looked very familiar :)

4. Hinds2009Guest 3 years ago

LG has really stepped up their game!

5. Please make into a Nexus device!!! This phone looks superb! Definitely want it!

6. FulamanGuest 3 years ago

Does it have a microSD card slot? Also is it a removable battery?

7. Software looks great, love it.

8. The phone itself is great. I’m in the market for a new phone, depending on the price I might get this instead of the samsung GSIII (which is way overpriced). Looks like LG got the memo and is not willing to take second place. All of the features on this phone are useful and will make owning it a joy. If it has a microSD card slot and a removable battery then I’ll probably get this phone. Can’t wait to use it.

9. Joshua TalleyGuest 3 years ago

The specs, however…wow.

10. Nexus or not this just might be my first Android device.

I will wait for some reviews first though just to be safe ;)

11. This leaves iPhone 5 in the dust! This phone looks great! I think it may be my next one

12. Woah!! That’s a lot of cool features they showed.

13. diordnaGuest 3 years ago

14. I have my upgrade for Sprint in April. I’m sure there will be more phones available by then, but if there isn’t anything else to my liking then this will be the next one for me.

15. I’m loving the new hardware, I want it so bad. The software on the other hand not so much.

• Correction some of the features in the phone software is really cool but I’m still a villa hard over anything else

16. KzDGuest 3 years ago

13MP camera is far from the highest on smartphones today…

17. BikramGuest 3 years ago

18. the design looks nice and minimalistic

19. It has a very nice design. Still feel burned by the G2x…

20. I just read that LG hopes to have this phone running on JB in “early Q2 of 2013.”

That is brutal and does not sounds like a Nexus device to me.

[b]Source[/b]

21. RashaanGuest 3 years ago

WOAH JB early Q2 of 2013 EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

22. DarkseiderGuest 3 years ago

23. now im really hoping for multiple nexus devices. i was really thrilled about getting the next nexus but that has died down for me. i really dont like anything about LG. yea the specs are nice but i really thought it would be between Samsung Sony and HTC