Oct 27 AT 1:07 PM Taylor Wimberly 45 Comments

Google cancels Android event, the playground is closed

sandy-hurricane-630

Google was scheduled to unveil the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10 on Monday in New York, but we have just learned the event has been cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. We don’t know when the event will now take place, but Google says they will share their plans as soon as they know more. Back to the waiting game we go.

• Instrumentals

/shakes fist at the sky

• vote Matt Rooney

Google cancels Android – bout time

• Alexander drzfr3shboialex

No!! Stupid apple and their icloud

• kwills88

Laughed way harder than I should at this.

• Nate B.

Lmao. Nice.

• WlfHart

Bummer :(

• Hom0ncruse

final nail in the coffin for android event

• iamXiV92a

final nail in the coffin for the hurricane! o_O yes?

• Ardrid

Goddamnit.

• jamal adam

• kwills88

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming, better to be safe than sorry.

• {┘╚

Thats what she said

• http://droidsamurai.blogspot.com DroidSamurai

Bad luck? It’s 2nd year in a row that they have to cancel the Nexus event!

• Nate B.

• Christian

Good fucking grief, just make a G+ post with the prices. Everything else about these devices has already leaked.

• www.phonewbie.com

That’s the penalty for all those leaks we got.

• MyMilan

• great googly moogly

How about they, um, idk, do it in another city?

• The jungle bunny

Android event fragmentation?

• veracu

It’s HAARP!!! Hahaha

• great googly moogly

They JUST noticed the hurricane is coming? C’mon, should’ve been scheduled for somewhere else all along. Why not just do it online? Who goes places anymore?

• Max.Steel

Probably the work of steve jobs.

• davehomeless

you can only control volcanic eruptions from down there

• Therealcbone

LMAO! Comment of the day!

• Rimmir

Before reading the title and not the article, I thought they just cancelled it because of all the leaks.

• tagstar

They should have stuck with Sandy (Bridge). This is payback. Arrrggghhh

• SteveJobsLIVES

God doesn’t like Google either. They’re thiefs! They stole everything from Apple and MS. Funny how they [POOgle] was also trying to steal MS’ event as well. Karma is a bitch, POOgle!

• Nate B.

Yawn… -___-

• Anthony E

• aranea

i was afraid of this.

• iamtpb

BRAVO NATURE !! your move ! now i have to wait another week maybe ?!

• jamal adam

• LG Nexus

NO!!!! NO!!! GOD NO!!! NO OH GOD NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• birdman

I was kind of planning on buying a Nexus 7 32gb on Wednesday. Guess not :/

• Nathan D.

Dam it! I was looking forward to seeing this. Dam u weather!

• PeterP

Didn’t they do this last year and try to pin it on steve jobs dieing.

• Anthony E

• al

pussies!

• Bigdickmonkey

Dam nature you scary

• Dee

i didnt know google had events in NY <_<
    i thought they mostly took place in san diego…

• NexusNYC

KAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!

• Lance

I’m crushed

• Ardrid

• Samal

Does anyone know what type of SIM card the Nexus 4 takes? Are we able to swap SIM cards from previous 4g phones and not have to worry about changing plans?

• richwright

mini sim card not the regular size

1. /shakes fist at the sky

• vote Matt RooneyGuest 3 years ago

Google cancels Android – bout time

2. No!! Stupid apple and their icloud

3. Goddamnit.

4. Why Sandy, why!!?? What have I ever done to deserve this? My hopes of finishing my revised draft on Monday and watching the Google event as my reward have been shattered.

5. Can’t say I didn’t see this coming, better to be safe than sorry.

6. Bad luck? It’s 2nd year in a row that they have to cancel the Nexus event!

7. It’ll be a week later as usual. and Classes were canceled because of the storm so I thought I was going to have the day to myself to watch this.

8. ChristianGuest 3 years ago

9. That’s the penalty for all those leaks we got.

10. If nothing else it shows that they have more common sense than the republicans did with their convention… LOL

11. great googly mooglyGuest 3 years ago

How about they, um, idk, do it in another city?

• The jungle bunnyGuest 3 years ago

Android event fragmentation?

12. It’s HAARP!!! Hahaha

13. great googly mooglyGuest 3 years ago

14. Probably the work of steve jobs.

• davehomelessGuest 3 years ago

you can only control volcanic eruptions from down there

• TherealcboneGuest 3 years ago

LMAO! Comment of the day!

15. RimmirGuest 3 years ago

16. tagstarGuest 3 years ago

They should have stuck with Sandy (Bridge). This is payback. Arrrggghhh

17. SteveJobsLIVESGuest 3 years ago

• Yawn… -___-

• Which company is POOgle? You start out with a rant about Google, then randomly bring in this POOgle company. Can you give us a link to their website or something? I’d like to see their products.

18. i was afraid of this.

19. BRAVO NATURE !! your move ! now i have to wait another week maybe ?!

• I guess nature was getting tired of seeing all these leaks and whatnot and finally snapped.

20. LG NexusGuest 3 years ago

NO!!!! NO!!! GOD NO!!! NO OH GOD NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. I was kind of planning on buying a Nexus 7 32gb on Wednesday. Guess not :/

22. Dam it! I was looking forward to seeing this. Dam u weather!

23. PeterPGuest 3 years ago

Didn’t they do this last year and try to pin it on steve jobs dieing.

• Yep. And, then the event ended up being really shitty. Like they just held it in a back room somewhere.

24. alGuest 3 years ago

pussies!

25. BigdickmonkeyGuest 3 years ago

Dam nature you scary

26. i didnt know google had events in NY <_<
    i thought they mostly took place in san diego…

27. KAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNNNN!!!

28. LanceGuest 3 years ago

I’m crushed

29. While I can’t say I’m thrilled about today’s event being canceled, I hope everyone in the path of the storm stays safe.

30. SamalGuest 3 years ago