Do you drive a lot and want to earn $50 by testing a new Android application? State Farm is looking for 5,000 volunteers to beta test their first-of-its-kind driving app, RightLane. The app collects basic information about your driving without a plug-in device or OnStar and the first 5,000 volunteers can earn a $50 gift card for participating, and you don’t have to be a State Farm customer.
- Android phone with software version 4.0 or greater
- Factory-installed Bluetooth device in your vehicle
- Download the app, register, and accept the end-user license agreement
- Drive a minimum of 500 miles over a period of 25 days
(the 25 days need not be consecutive and can occur anytime within the 120-day test period.)
- Complete a short survey after you have met the driving minimum
Details about the app are limited, but this appears to be State Farm’s response to Progressive’s Snapshop discount. That program monitors your driving habits and then provides up to 30 percent off your rate. I don’t drive that much so I won’t be testing out RightLane, but it’s still pretty cool to see insurance companies take advantage of Android devices to encourage better driving habbits with their customers.