Jul 03 AT 8:59 AM Nick Sarafolean 16 Comments

Falcon Pro finds hidden loophole to allow new users

Falcon Pro

Falcon Pro has easily had the bumpiest road of any third-party Twitter client. After running out of tokens for the app not once but twice, Falcon Pro was pretty much blocked by Twitter. But developer Joaquim Verges simply refuses to give up. Now he’s found a loophole that will continue to allow new users access to the app. There’s a hidden feature within the app that permits tokenless users access to help. Verges isn’t telling how you access this feature, but here’s a pretty big hint: go to the Falcon Pro Beta Testers group on Google+.

In other news, the app has finally run out of tokens for good. Users who still have a token will be able to use the app as normal, provided that they’re running version 2.0.4. If you don’t currently have the app installed on your phone, then just follow this link to download the updated version. We really have to give Verges credit for his determination. This guy just refuses to give up on his app, and he’s done some really interesting stuff to make sure it doesn’t have to die.

With this latest update, what are your thoughts on the whole situation with Falcon Pro?

Via: Android Central

A nerd at heart, Nick is an average person who has a passion for all things electronic. When not spending his time writing about the latest gadgets, Nick enjoys reading, dabbling in photography, and experimenting with anything and everything coffee. Should you wish to know more about him, you can follow him on Twitter @Zricon15.

• Michael Benjamin

My thoughts are that Joaquim Verges Verges is doing his best as a dev against a major company in the it industry, too bad he has to put so much focus on circumventing the token embargo enforced by twitter, you would think a product like Falcon adds to the twitter experience and should be treated with favor since the biggest beneficiary of falcons success is Twitter!
    Oh well, I/we will support Joaquim one way or the other, we are tired of these big businesses bullying hard working 3rd party devs. If I had/have to pay for the app a 2nd time it’s not a problem because it’s so worth it!

@ggfb20

• KEn SNyder

Well said. Screw Twitter, not that they care what users think.

• jhotmann

• jdog25

Falcon Widget is still working fine.

• mike.eh

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• inviolable

Twitter and their power hungry new policies is the problem, not falcon pro.

• L1Wulf

No, purging tokens on paid users only to have them filled in a very short time leaving those of us that weren’t fast enough to reclaim them out in the cold is shitty.

I agree with mike.eh. It’s not the way to treat your paying users — what would happen if Twitter tracks people using the loophole (a violation of the ToS) and decides to ban the accounts? Who’s fault is that? Twitter’s or Joaquim’s for enabling (encouraging?) his users to break the rules?

I’m pissed that I lost my token for a great app because of poor administration of a user base. It seems to me that Joaquim wanted more revenue from new sales (or perhaps got caught selling a paid app but couldn’t provide access to new users). I can’t endorse greed or incompetence (it’s one or the other in my eyes). I will never send him another cent.

• Knasfan

If you go to getfalcon.com you can download a version you can use if you had a token before the reset…

• your momma

Take about shitty, have you used that d-bag thing twitter calls an app? And ‘blatant violation’? Isn’t that what happened when twitter, after many good Devs promoted their product by making apps that catered to people who didn’t like the official twitter app,said “we are the god Almighty, bow before us” and took away the ability for those Devs to make money?

• mike.eh

If you’re going to make a business out of a service you have zero control over you can either play by the rules or get lost. They are under no obligation to even provide an api for dev’s to use.

He started working on the app long after twitter announced the change, he knew going in he only had 100,000 tokens that could be used. Twitter has every right to limit their service however they see fit. Don’t like it, don’t use the service. This poor poor pitiful me, a service I am using under choice has rules and I don’t like it, bullshit is getting old. All everyone wants to do is bash a company for trying to make money, but then turn around and say “we’ll the dev’s are just trying to get paid” is nothing but hypocritical bullshit.

• norm

@mike.eh,
          Not true, obviously you don’t know the history. Yes, it is risky building upon a service. Should these companies encourage developers (Google included) to build with the promise of support and then dump them? Developers should not let them have it both ways. But you’re probably one of those fanboys until it hit your pockets or interests.

• Trey

I love it. Found the secret. I using the app flawlessly. The work around is not illegal or against twitter tos. I don’t see what everyone is complaining about. If you purchased the app, it’s still works for you.

• Android User

I managed to login but then the app suddenly closes. I can’t open it now. What can be the problem? And is there any solution for this? Thank you!

1. Michael BenjaminGuest 2 years ago

@ggfb20

2. It’s unfortunate that this is pretty much the end of Falcon Pro…but I will definitely be buying any future apps he puts out. He is a top notch developer.

3. jdog25Guest 2 years ago

Falcon Widget is still working fine.

4. mike.ehGuest 2 years ago

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

• Twitter and their power hungry new policies is the problem, not falcon pro.

• L1WulfGuest 2 years ago