Jul 22 AT 2:07 PM Nick Gray 20 Comments

T-Mobile HTC One to receive software update, improved LTE, processor, software performance

htc-one (31)

The Android 4.2.2 update for the HTC One with the latest version of Sense 5 may be making its way to unlocked and carrier branded devices across Europe and Asia, but US carriers are still working with HTC to push out minor updates. The companies hope to improve connectivity and performance on the current version of Android. After releasing a small update to the Sprint HTC One that enabled HD voice calling just a few days ago, HTC is now rolling out a new update for the T-Mobile HTC One with improved LTE reception, software stability and processor enhancements.

Since the 247 MB 1.27.531.11 update for the HTC One is much larger than most minor updates, we suspect HTC may also be prepping the device for its eventual update to Android 4.2.2. If you simply can’t bear the thought of waiting around for the update notification on your T-Mobile HTC One, you can check for the update manually by going to Settings > About > Software Updates > Check now.

Source: T-Mobile

• Arthur

Anyone have the 64GB Unlocked Developers Edition version of the One who can confirm getting the larger update?

Being unbranded and unlocked, the Developers Edition should be the first to get this update.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• Arthur

That is interesting, logically the Dev edition should be first in line at HTC to receive all updates in the pipeline.

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• ihatefanboys

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• mike

My area recently received lte but I only have 1 bar of lte, hoping this update will help, my speeds are awful, there are hspa+ speeds. So far no sign of the update though.

• Galen20K

• mike

Just did a speed test and up was 10.08, down was 8.something…terrible.

• mike

I actually wrote that wrong, down was 10.04 and up was 8.70

• mike

That’s great that you’re getting those speeds but I’m sure as heck not.

• bob0mb

• Nathan D.

Awesome, I just got this phone and there an update already?!

• donger

Nice, good news.

• mike

This update did nothing for my lte connection, still only one bar and still getting horrible speeds that are more like hspa+. Since lte is new in my area I’ll give it a chance, but this isn’t why I wanted a phone with lte :/

• Jonathan Cohen

Downloading the update now. What I’ve is if you get one bar, there is most likely a town nearby where you can get up to 3. In those towns the LTE is amazing otherwise like others stated no better the HSPA+.

• tommy

i just did the upgrade … and now it brings out “type password to decrypt storage” … am so confused right now .. because i never set any password … now i cant unlock it … help through it pls

• MLK

Hi, sorry but now I have same problem.. how you solved?

• Tim

I’m getting roughly 22.xx down and 10.xx up

I’ve gotten 27 down at one time

• Htc One

My fastest speed to date is 32 down and 11 up!!!! Worked for my phone.

1. ArthurGuest 2 years ago

• I own the Dev Edition and have not seen anything come through yet. While the Dev Edition is “stock” Sense 5, it’s essentially the same as the AT&T model. I am expecting the Dev Edition to receive Android 4.2.2 before carrier branded devices, but I feel we’re still a few weeks out.

• ArthurGuest 2 years ago

• Yes and no. Since HTC is based in Taiwan, the first updates are typically pushed out to unlocked devices in a select number of countries in Asia, followed by unlocked devices in Europe. These phones are technically the most “stock” versions of the HTC One since they were designed for the global market. The Dev Edition was designed specifically for the US market and is based on the AT&T model with AT&T LTE support. It’s a niche device made out of a batch that’s made specifically for AT&T. While there’s no AT&T bloatware to account for, HTC still needs to make sure the update works properly with AT&T’s network, something they typically do not test for when releasing updates to unlocked global devices.

2. Anyone else out there having signal and call quality issues ? Seems im always on 1 bar nearly everywhere. I have a SPECK case, im wondering if the case could be interfering. Maybe this update will help.

• I’ve used a Speck case on my HTC one and did not experience any issues with reception. Granted, I’m using the Dev Edition on T-Mobile, so it’s impossible to know if my experience would match up perfectly with yours. If you think the case is to blame for poor signal, find an area where you get only a few bars and then remove the case to see if there is any improvement.

3. mikeGuest 2 years ago

• What speeds? Because even with only one bar of LTE, I’m still getting 30-35Mbps download. And yes while I get 30Mbps on HSPA+42, that’s with full bars mind you. So honestly for one bar of LTE, I don’t think 30-35 is too bad.

• mikeGuest 2 years ago

Just did a speed test and up was 10.08, down was 8.something…terrible.

• mikeGuest 2 years ago

I actually wrote that wrong, down was 10.04 and up was 8.70

• mikeGuest 2 years ago

That’s great that you’re getting those speeds but I’m sure as heck not.

4. force checked the update this morning after seeing this article, and nothing… just force checked it again after dinner, and it’s there… guess i’ll see if this improves anything. hopefully i’ll actually get a constant LTE connection where it’s available in UT, since it’s one of the only things i’ve noticed being an issue since getting the ONE at the beginning of July. the other thing is the sensitivity of the “back/home” buttons being really low.

5. Awesome, I just got this phone and there an update already?!

6. Nice, good news.

7. mikeGuest 2 years ago

8. Jonathan CohenGuest 2 years ago

9. tommyGuest 2 years ago

• MLKGuest 1 year ago

Hi, sorry but now I have same problem.. how you solved?

10. TimGuest 2 years ago

I’m getting roughly 22.xx down and 10.xx up

I’ve gotten 27 down at one time

• Htc OneGuest 2 years ago

My fastest speed to date is 32 down and 11 up!!!! Worked for my phone.