Do you have in your possession one of the 10 million Galaxy Note 3s that’ve shipped to date? Does it have a Verizon logo tattooed on its backside? If you answered yes to both of those questions, then I’ve got some good news for you, friend. Verizon and Samsung have announced a new update for your pocket dweller that brings with it some pretty noteworthy improvements.
According to support documents on Verizon’s website, this new update includes enhancements to mobile hotspot, notification panel responsiveness, connectivity and sound quality. There are quite a few other goodies packed in there, as well as some new and updated preloaded apps that may be a little less exciting to some. Here’s Verizon’s full changelog:
KEY DEVICE ENHANCEMENTS
The following apps/widgets/services are now preloaded:
- MyInfoZone widget
- Verizon Support & Protection (VSP) version 2.0.0
- Verizon Cloud
The following issues have been resolved:
- Incoming call displays Picture Me on screen when using Call Waiting
- Handwriting data entry issue for email and SMS messages has been resolved
- Email sync issue has been fixed and connectivity has been improved
- BT audio continues after a call is missed
- Mobile Hotspot reliability has been improved
- Samsung keyboard crash issue has been resolved
- Notification Panel responsiveness has been improved
The following additions have been made:
- Voicemail Notification has an Urgent Priority notification
The following areas have been improved:
- Sound quality
Meanwhile, Samsung’s site contains a few other details on this update, listing it as version number N900VVRUBMJE and announcing that it also enables Band 4 LTE connectivity on the Verizon Note 3.
Overall this looks like a pretty nice little update for Verizon Note 3 owners, offering improvements to major features like connectivity and notification panel responsiveness and only a few preloaded apps. And hey, most of you probably have those hidden or something anyway, right? If you’ve got a Verizon Note 3 and haven’t received this update yet, be sure to keep an eye out for it in the coming days.