Feb 06 AT 4:05 PM Dima Aryeh 22 Comments

High-end HTC Nexus tablet rumored for second half of 2014

htc_flyer_ics

When HTC had entered the tablet market in the past, the company didn’t exactly see wild success. The HTC Flyer and Jetstream were quite unpopular, despite being somewhat solid devices. HTC just didn’t know how to make a truly successful tablet. But that may be changing soon, if these rumors are true.

According to the latest gossip, HTC will be building a Nexus tablet with Google. HTC has some mastery in designing hardware, and leaving the software to Google and stock Android would make the tablet potentially amazing. Plus, it is speculated that the tablet will be high-end in the specs department.

If these rumors prove true, we will be seeing this tablet sometime in the third quarter of 2014. Unfortunately, this rumor is pretty shaky–there’ no direct source–so take it with a grain of salt and don’t get too excited. Would you buy an HTC tablet after seeing HTC’s history with the devices? Tell us in the comments!

On a side note, did you know that employees of the Detroit airport have been seen using HTC Flyers for the job? The more you know.

Via: Android Community

Source: Focus Taiwan

• Squidward Testicles

I’d buy this HTC Nexus in a hearbeat. Shut up and take my money!

• Orenthal James Simpson THE MURDERER

I think they will take your money and then shut down. Its HTC, they are almost bankrupt…

• SGB101

It won’t matter as the updates come from Google. Not that I wish them harm.

• Jeff Gordon

Good lord, HTC is not almost bankrupt. In fact, it was profitable in Q4 2013.

Do you know what the definition of “bankrupt” is? Do you know how to read a balance sheet? I’d suggest you look at the facts before running to erroneous conclusions like this.

• Steve

I heard they lost money 4th quarter

• http://htcsource.com Nick Gray

• Cwalden21

Definitely, It’d sit perfectly next to my ONE.

• Steve Watkins

Front facing speakers and a metal body ftw

• Subx

This is what I am hoping too. Decent speakers, with mini subs would be just.. well…. PERFECT!

Yeah.. subs.. just a dream…

• Vance

• Eddie Pritchard

Great move on Google’s part. HTC are the masters of hardware, but their software is somewhat of a joke, so Google will make this thing the perfect tab. This is the big break HTC needed.

• joseph barrow

Il take two:)

• http://muddypa.ws/blog nportelli

I love my Flyer. I won’t buy another tablet unless it has a digitizer.

• http://www.androidandme.com Dima Aryeh

• tp

Jellybean on the flyer made it a fantastic device, I still use mine from time to time though it’s showing it’s age a lot now.

At the time though, outstanding device. A HTC tablet would be superb. I’d buy that in a heartbeat.

• Subx

I would buy it the day of release! I have long been waiting for a HTC tablet. I would prefer it however, to be a HTC released product and not a Nexus. Call me crazy or what ever you like but the Nexus series just does not do it for me. I am NOT a fan of stock Android.
    n saying that, I do not like bloatware either. I still feel that OEM’s that install their own app on top of Android should all the uninstallation of ANY preinstalled apps.

Yes I understand the whole concept of stock Android and the freedom to install what you choose but its current lack of decent camera software and other features, it just does not cut it.

But, this is awesome news. Yes a very unclear rumour but if it proves to be true, bring it on!

• jamal adam

Oh snap! The dream is about to be fulfilled. Take all my money.

• donger

Go HTC! About time they get another shot at a Nexus device.

• Steve

Well you wouldnt have to worry about not getting updates because Htc is the worst at updates. They arent updating the ×+ and that’s only a year old. They only phone htc cares about now is the One truly sad. Not that samsung updates tablets, but when it comes to phones, they are a hell of a lot better than Htc

• Savannah Jean Shealy

I love htc brand and will always buy all things htc and hope they will make me a tablet soon so i can buy it!

• David

Been a fan of htc devices since their touch /tp2 running wm. Lol

1. Squidward TesticlesGuest 1 year ago

I’d buy this HTC Nexus in a hearbeat. Shut up and take my money!

• Orenthal James Simpson THE MURDERERGuest 1 year ago

• It won’t matter as the updates come from Google. Not that I wish them harm.

• Jeff GordonGuest 1 year ago

Good lord, HTC is not almost bankrupt. In fact, it was profitable in Q4 2013.

• SteveGuest 1 year ago

I heard they lost money 4th quarter

• Losing money in one quarter does not constitute failure. HTC has several billion dollars in the bank (yes, that’s billion with a b) which means they could could love $300 million dollars a quarter for 3-4 years before they need to file for bankruptcy. Considering the fact that HTC has only ever posted one quarterly loss, I doubt that outcome is likely.

• Definitely, It’d sit perfectly next to my ONE.

2. Steve WatkinsGuest 1 year ago

Front facing speakers and a metal body ftw

• SubxGuest 1 year ago

Yeah.. subs.. just a dream…

3. Of course it would depend on the specs and form factor but I can say I absolutely hope this rumor to true.

4. Eddie PritchardGuest 1 year ago

5. joseph barrowGuest 1 year ago

Il take two:)

6. I love my Flyer. I won’t buy another tablet unless it has a digitizer.

• Just as an FYI, all touch screen devices have digitizers. It’s the part that senses touch. I think you meant a pen-supported digitizer, which would be awesome but incredibly unlikely for a Nexus device.

7. tpGuest 1 year ago

8. SubxGuest 1 year ago

9. Oh snap! The dream is about to be fulfilled. Take all my money.

10. Go HTC! About time they get another shot at a Nexus device.

11. SteveGuest 1 year ago