Feb 17 AT 11:05 AM Nick Sarafolean 21 Comments

Nokia X promo image leaked out

Nokia_X

From our first glimpse of Nokia’s Lumia phones, many of us Android fanatics have grown giddy at the thought of an Android handset made by Nokia. That dream could become a reality in the coming weeks, although not quite in the way that many of us have hoped.

The Nokia X has leaked several times, showing us a low-end Android device that’s heavily-skinned by Nokia. Today’s leak gives us a good look at the green variant of the device, as you can see in the leaked promo image above.

Let’s take a recap of the Nokia X, shall we? From the leaks so far, we’ve been heard that the it’s a very low-end device. The Nokia X will reportedly feature a 4-inch WVGA display, dual-core 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 512MB of RAM, 4GB of storage expandable via microSD, 5-megapixel camera and a 1,500 mAh battery. There’s really nothing to look forward to hardware-wise, aside from the fact that it looks like many of Nokia’s beautiful Lumia phones and will probably be built like a tank.

On the software side, the Nokia X is reported to be running a heavily-skinned version of Android that will include Nokia’s own app store, completewith some Android apps. Probably our favorite feature is that it’s set to come in six vibrant colors, such as the green pictured above.

Judging on leaks alone, we’re guessing that the Nokia X is intended for developing markets or even as a back-up phone and that it will probably come in at a shockingly low price. Nokia may even be testing to see if this could be an Android alternative to its Asha line. Either way, we’re betting that the Nokia X will be easy on the wallet.

At the right price, would you be interested in a Nokia X?

Source: @evleaks

A nerd at heart, Nick is an average person who has a passion for all things electronic. When not spending his time writing about the latest gadgets, Nick enjoys reading, dabbling in photography, and experimenting with anything and everything coffee. Should you wish to know more about him, you can follow him on Twitter @Zricon15.

• Stephen

No I wouldn’t, too slow and too small ….

• mike

This is not what android needs more fragmentation another version of android with no playstore option. No android updates . I am not sure this is a good idea. Pure android like a nexus device should be mandatory by Google for all phones. For quialty.

• Ezc

Will give it a shot at $50 – $70

• kurkosdr

“This is not what android needs more fragmentation another version of android with no playstore option.”

Most users won’t know it’s Android anyway, only geeks will.

• allen wilmore

Just change the name to 2003 nokia backflip . “it’s all the phone you’ll never need’ or want for that matter!!

• SoWhy

So Nokia decides to finally release an Android phone – years too late – with the same specs as my HTC Desire had in 2010? Yep, sounds like a Microsoft-controlled company

• Paul

Probably the only way they could convince Microsoft to allow it. Nokia to Microsoft: “Look, it’s not even competition, the specs are low end, it can’t touch our Windows Phone models. This is just for developing countries that can’t afford Windows ‘awesomeness’. And maybe if they like this phone so much and they get used to Nokia they’ll upgrade to the next model, and that will be running Windows Phone” Microsoft to Nokia: “well….. ok. But it’d better suck”

What they didn’t count on was it being so wildly popular, and it outselling Nokia Windows Phone’s 10 to 1. So they moved Android up to their mid line, and it did really well also, and then they began adding Android to their top line, as an alternative to Windows Phone, and it did amazingly well also, and then… bye Windows Phone. heh. A man can dream.

• SGB101

That would be bad, we need more than android and ios in the race.

• Paul

Actually I agree. I’m more anti-iOS than I am pro-Android. It’s just nobody has come up with anything substantially better. I’ve used Windows Phone and it’s “ok” but I don’t think it’ll be able to make a dent in Android. I had high hopes for WebOS and Meego, they were cool, but they ultimately failed. Who’s the next contender or is Windows Phone it? It’s decent, it’s ok, not far worst or far superior, but I think it’ll take something far superior to dethrone Android. And for now, I’m happy with Android, it’s getting better by leaps and bounds.

• Jason

This device I believe is designed as a Trojan(Nokia/Microsoft) to infiltrate the low end particularly in developing regions where Samsung/Android (kit kat)have taken aim and even threaten the success of devices like the Lumia 520/521.
        I explain here…

• trey

am from a developing country, the world is changing even people from the developing countries now use iphone ,lumia,galaxy devices,we enjoy just like u i my self am using Samsung Galaxy Note 3,stop looking down on developing countries mxiiie

• jerrbomb

Disappointing

• Paul

I want it to be a big success if only to show Nokia how much better putting Android on their phones would be. If they could do really well with a low end device, why not try it on a mid-end device? And if that does really well, hmm… maybe we should try it on a high end device. And suddenly the high end device is doing really well, outselling the Windows Phone high end device 5 to 1, we really should just ditch Windows Phone and focus on Android. And boom… Nokia is back in the game.

• ball

Thank you for share.I like design is Nokia X phone.

• bREAKgAMING

Yeah.. and I will buy that phoNe…

• Jason

I explain here…

• James

Just slap a custom ROM and Boom, you got yourself a Nokia phone with stock android and apps.

• Anthony Johnson

It seems nice as I love green! Well good to know that Nokia still if late but finally explore their options on Android platform that too with lowest price tag. Let’s hope for the best and hope they will discover to stand themselves in this competitive world of Android.

• donger

Nokia should make a Nexus phone next.

• charliehill

Adroid maybe needs update that’s why always see new edition, from 2.0 to 4.5. I like my Nexus 5 with perfect work on wireless charger got here http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWLDPBK it really miracle android system

1. StephenGuest 1 year ago

No I wouldn’t, too slow and too small ….

2. mikeGuest 1 year ago

3. EzcGuest 1 year ago

Will give it a shot at $50 – $70

4. kurkosdrGuest 1 year ago

Most users won’t know it’s Android anyway, only geeks will.

5. allen wilmoreGuest 1 year ago

6. SoWhyGuest 1 year ago

• PaulGuest 1 year ago

• That would be bad, we need more than android and ios in the race.

• PaulGuest 1 year ago

• JasonGuest 1 year ago

I explain here…

• treyGuest 1 year ago

7. Disappointing

8. PaulGuest 1 year ago

9. ballGuest 1 year ago

Thank you for share.I like design is Nokia X phone.

10. bREAKgAMINGGuest 1 year ago

Yeah.. and I will buy that phoNe…

11. JasonGuest 1 year ago

I explain here…

12. JamesGuest 1 year ago

13. Anthony JohnsonGuest 1 year ago

14. Nokia should make a Nexus phone next.

15. charliehillGuest 1 year ago