Feb 18 AT 11:07 AM Alex Wagner 58 Comments

Samsung names multiple Galaxy devices that will be updated to Android 4.4.2

Samsung

We haven’t seen many Samsung products receive updates to Android 4.4 ever since the new version of Google’s mobile operating system was introduced last year. The Galaxy S 4 Google Play edition was treated to some KitKat in late 2013, and the Sprint Galaxy S 4 recently got its own helping of Google’s newest dessert, but that’s about it so far. The good news is that Samsung confirmed today that it’s planning to update a number of its Galaxy products to Android 4.4.2. Here’s the list of U.S. devices that’ll receive the update:

• Galaxy Note 3
  • Galaxy Note II
  • Galaxy S 4
  • Galaxy S4 mini
  • Galaxy S4 Active
  • Galaxy S4 zoom
  • Galaxy S III
  • Galaxy S III mini
  • Galaxy Mega
  • Galaxy Light
  • Galaxy Note 8.0
  • Galaxy Tab 3
  • Galaxy Note 10.1
  • Galaxy Note 10.1 – 2014 Edition

The update to Android 4.4.2 will bring with it several new goodies, including a Location Menu with toggles for GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, the option to change a device’s default messaging app, upgraded Google apps and a “more intuitive user interface. Samsung says that its KitKat updates will begin going out today and continue flowing throughout the coming months, with exact availability varying from carrier to carrier.

Good on Samsung for sharing a list of all the U.S. Galaxy products that’ll receive Android 4.4.2 rather than leaving its customers wondering and waiting. While it’s not yet known when most of these updates will actually begin rolling out, at least owners of these devices can rest easy knowing that they’ll get the chance to sink their teeth into some Samsung-flavored KitKat at some point in the future.

Do you have any Samsung devices that are slated to receive Android 4.4.2?

Source: Samsung

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones. Can be followed on Twitter at @alw.

• Broseph Stalin

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• Zman1940

My Verizon Galaxy S4 is patiently waiting. Hoping that KitKat doesn’t eliminate my “Gallery” as it did on my LG GPad 8.3GPE. I don’t like being forced into Google+

• joseoh

So why don’t you just save all pics to your sd card?

• joseph

So why don’t you just save all your pics to your sd card?

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

• Steve

Way to go Samsung, you are the very best at updating. Anybody that doesn’t think so, who is better? Htc isnt even updating year old phones and Samsung is still updating 2 year old phones. I guess I will stick with Samsung after all.

• http://www.infotainmentempire.com pekosROB

Samsung used to be one of the worst when it came to updating, I feel like that all changed with the S2 and later models.

• anser

i m using samsung s duos…i want to real jellybean…pls help me…

• Sam G

No Galaxy SII, i thought better off you Samsung :(

• Eduardo

Ok, assuming U.S. stands, as usual, for United States, my question is: what about these same devices in different countries? I’m still trying not to go nuts about having 4.1.2 on my S3 mini while my old ZTE Blade has proven itself more than capable of running 4.4.2.

• fitim

hello i have a samsung galaxy trend s7560 and it have a android v.4.0.4 ics, why you dont have update this in jelly bean 4.2 or 4,3 or 4.4 kitkat im really vont thiss please Updateeeeee….

• Dovy

Buy a samsung galaxy trend plus and you will get android 4.2.2 and 1.2ghz dual core proccessor :)

• Corey

No Love for the Tab 2 10.1

• donger

Good job Samsung.

• latouffe

• Spanky

I wonder if this has anything to do with the oft-discussed deal that Samsung and Google signed within the last few weeks?

• GE918

• Jash

Will samsung grand duos recieve kitkat update ?

• Deidentified

Was kind of hoping they’d do some older devices too. My S3 barely makes the cutoff.

I have a Galaxy Tab, GT-P1010. Can you guys upgrade that too. Pretty please?

• Steve

Beggers cant be choosers. Be happy your two year old s3 is getting kit kat at all. Know other company is updating 2 year old phones

• Sam

Will grand duos can receive 4.4 update too

• Rocky

can i get update for my Galaxy s duos 7562,
    and if yes then how much time i have to wait for it..???

• ajsdhdhddh

We need kitkat update for s duos 2.

• ayush

I bot s duos 2 a month ago with 4.2.2 , when will they update it to kitkat? ?

• John

My Galaxy S4 was update to 4.4 a few weeks ago, and I have been waiting for my Tab 3 WIFI to be updated. Today, I saw a big system update being downloaded, 149 mb, and I thought it was 4.4. After the final reboot, and “optimizing” my apps, I checked the “About Device” and saw I was still on 4.2.2. So I’m not sure what was updated, but it wasn’t Kit Kat.

Still waiting.

• jignesh thorat

my phone s dous ……no update any os…..phone storeg low…….can’t move apps extsdcard……big i can not play…my phone s dou….sss

• Gyula Pajor

Galaxy s duos 2. 7582. Kitkat update???

• @fritz

Soo just like that i wasted my fucking money on buying an tab 3 lite and they dont give me a fucking kitkat update this is bullshit i should have bought an ipad !!!!!

• @fritz

And they are fucking giving the s3 a kit kat what a waste of money this has been to me

• sa

how to update kikat verion in galaxy s dous 2

• anuj
  • Dale

How about Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 GT-S7582 ????? Their will be updated to KitKat 4.4 version ????? Tnx

• Dale

Hi everyone ! :-)

• vijay

When you will give kit kat ubgread for samaung galaxy s duos 2

• vijay

When my Samsung galaxy s duos 2 will receives the android kit kat ? Plz release as soon as possible……………………

• jairuz

Wil my galaxy s duos 2 s7582 receive kitkat update

• Brawler

I would really like it if samsung upgraded the trend plus aswell. Its a very good phone and its also new in the market(december 2013)

• luis bohorquez

Could anyone confirm to me that the S4 mini duos ( GT-I9192) will receive kit-kat?

• please

I hope of getting an kitkat update on my Galaxy S Duos 2. Please make it happen :)

• Akshay

s duos 2 is a phone which has android version 4.2.2 so there should a update for this phone 2 kitkat

• Arnab Hazra

Galaxy S Duos 2 should get the update of Kitkat as New Galaxy ace style have the same one

• Rajiv

Is Samsung galaxy s duos 2 getting kitkat upgrade????

• mayuresh

samsung galaxy trend should get the update of android kitkat 4.4.2

• aftab ahmed

Samsung is very lazy in providing updates for its products. If he not providing kitkat update for galaxy s duos 7562 I will never buy any Samsung product not recommend to any of my friend for it. There are many cheap and best mobile sproviding androidp
      Kitkat

• janardhan

Make kit kat uptade for s dous 2 why are taking so much time customers are going to moto e

• Arzail Alam

When will samsung galaxy s duos 2 get kitkat android 4.4 update??? Im waiting to use it on mw own phone since my friend bought moto e….pls pls pls anyone reply…..i wanna use it.

• Muhammed

S duos 2 is the one of best phones i have ever used ever in my life.. it never hanged . And it can easily run Android 4.4.2 kitkat and Dear Samsung,

• V

Will Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos(GT-I9082) be getting an android 4.4 kitkat update ??

• chethan

Will Samsung Galaxy S Duos(GT-7582) be getting an android 4.4 kitkat update ??

• mikey

Im getting frustrated here….. Galaxy Light is on this list if I am not mistaken…. this is September going into October….. any ideas??

• mikey

• Shubham banekar

Hi can you please give me the update for s duos 2 to 4.3 or 4.4

• hazem

The s duos 2 should have kikat upgrade.
    The s duos 3 has lower specs and has kitkat!!!!

• hazem

The s duos 2 should have kitkat.The s duos 3 has lower specs and has kitkat!!!!!!

• manish dhiman

samsung galaxy trand update 4.2.2

1. Samsung may not be the quickest, but I’m pleasantly surprised by some of the lower-end devices on the list. Good job.

2. Anyone else completely surprised the S3 is on here? Makes me have less patience with LG updating the G2 now. Suddenly my old S3 on 4.3 feels nicer than my G2 on 4.2.2… from a software standpoint that is.

3. Zman1940Guest 1 year ago

• joseohGuest 1 year ago

So why don’t you just save all pics to your sd card?

• josephGuest 1 year ago

So why don’t you just save all your pics to your sd card?

• I don’t think the update would eliminate your Gallery since it’s not a GPE phone. When my S3 updated to 4.3 it still had the stock gallery as well as the Google Photos app. My G2 on Verizon (but on 4.2.2) has both a stock gallery app and the Photos app.

4. SteveGuest 1 year ago

5. anserGuest 1 year ago

i m using samsung s duos…i want to real jellybean…pls help me…

6. Sam GGuest 1 year ago

No Galaxy SII, i thought better off you Samsung :(

7. EduardoGuest 1 year ago

8. fitimGuest 1 year ago

9. CoreyGuest 1 year ago

No Love for the Tab 2 10.1

10. Good job Samsung.

11. Maybe they have a long list of devices but what difference is it make if they will release kitkat in at least 2 years? [irony]

12. SpankyGuest 1 year ago

13. I was hoping that my S2 would get updated but that was wishful thinking. As long as my Note 3 gets the update I’m satisfied. Now bring it on Samsung!!!!!!!!

14. JashGuest 1 year ago

Will samsung grand duos recieve kitkat update ?

15. DeidentifiedGuest 1 year ago

I have a Galaxy Tab, GT-P1010. Can you guys upgrade that too. Pretty please?

• SteveGuest 1 year ago

16. SamGuest 1 year ago

Will grand duos can receive 4.4 update too

17. RockyGuest 1 year ago

can i get update for my Galaxy s duos 7562,
    and if yes then how much time i have to wait for it..???

18. ajsdhdhddhGuest 1 year ago

We need kitkat update for s duos 2.

19. JohnGuest 1 year ago

Still waiting.

20. jignesh thoratGuest 1 year ago

21. Gyula PajorGuest 1 year ago

Galaxy s duos 2. 7582. Kitkat update???

22. @fritzGuest 1 year ago

31. BrawlerGuest 11 months ago

32. luis bohorquezGuest 11 months ago

33. pleaseGuest 11 months ago

34. AkshayGuest 11 months ago

35. Arnab HazraGuest 10 months ago

36. RajivGuest 10 months ago

Is Samsung galaxy s duos 2 getting kitkat upgrade????

37. mayureshGuest 10 months ago

samsung galaxy trend should get the update of android kitkat 4.4.2

• aftab ahmedGuest 9 months ago

Kitkat

38. janardhanGuest 10 months ago

39. Arzail AlamGuest 10 months ago

40. MuhammedGuest 8 months ago

41. VGuest 8 months ago

42. chethanGuest 8 months ago

Will Samsung Galaxy S Duos(GT-7582) be getting an android 4.4 kitkat update ??

43. mikeyGuest 7 months ago

44. mikeyGuest 7 months ago

45. Shubham banekarGuest 7 months ago

Hi can you please give me the update for s duos 2 to 4.3 or 4.4

46. hazemGuest 6 months ago

The s duos 2 should have kikat upgrade.
    The s duos 3 has lower specs and has kitkat!!!!

47. hazemGuest 6 months ago