The new Pebble firmware is version 2.1 and includes goodies like the ability to clear notifications in the Settings menu, improved consistency of battery monitoring and better Bluetooth reliability when connecting. Meanwhile, the Android app for Pebble is gaining a hot fix for a crash-on-boot issue. The full change logs for both updates are as follows:
Pebble Firmware 2.1 (Release Notes)
- Notifications can be cleared via Settings » Notifications » Clear History.
- Improved consistency of battery monitoring.
- Improved Bluetooth reliability when reconnecting.
- Fixed caller ID sometimes not displaying on outgoing calls.
- Bug fixes and improvements.
Android Pebble App 126.96.36.199 (Release Notes)
- Hotfix for a crash-on-boot issue some Android 2.0.15 users were seeing.
- No other major changes from version 2.0.15.
It’s always exciting when your smartphone or smartwatch receives an update, but today you get a little bit of both worlds.
To update your Pebble smartwatch firmware, simply dive into your connected smartphone’s Pebble app. And if you need to update your Pebble app, you can jump to Google Play using the widget below. Happy updating!