Jul 28 AT 10:08 AM Nick Sarafolean 15 Comments

T-Mobile offering new family plan to give you more bang for your buck

t-mobile-store-neon

T-Mobile is launching a new limited-time family plan to save you even more on your monthly bill. T-Mobile, who of late has been known for value, is launching a new family plan for four people that includes unlimited talk, text, and data. While the plan includes unlimited data like nearly every T-Mobile plan, full speed data is limited to 10GB. But unlike other carrier’s family plans where the data is part of a shared pool, T-Mobile allots 2.5GB to each user.

This latest Simple Choice family plan is a markedly better deal than before, where each user was given 1GB full speed data. Pricing for the plan is kept at the same $100/month pricetag, making it a bargain. The new plan will be available beginning Wednesday, July 30. The offer will be available through September 30, and if customers decide to take advantage of it, pricing is locked in through January 2, 2016.

Source: T-Mobile

A nerd at heart, Nick is an average person who has a passion for all things electronic. When not spending his time writing about the latest gadgets, Nick enjoys reading, dabbling in photography, and experimenting with anything and everything coffee. Should you wish to know more about him, you can follow him on Twitter @Zricon15.

• Lance Spahr

This might be enough to make me switch to TMo.. Sounds pretty nice, but coverage is still iffy, especially coming from verizon.

• Bart

• Galen20K

• snowbdr89

Two years ago I’d agree with Bart but tmo is totally different I have 0 dropped calls and my data smokes Verizon att and well we won’t even mention sprints data but here in salt lake tmo is rock solid!!

• Krishna

I’m a T-mobile customer for the past 10 years and never had a dropped call issue. At times, observed no network connection for few minutes and will resolve automatically.

I live in central jersey.

• RK

Coverage issues is location based but those who get strong signals, they are lucky and get the best ever family plan, will get half times of data usage as compared to present data usage for $100………………………….. http://www.telecomvibe.com

• Dave

Dang, I wish I had two other people to get on the family plan with me. I wonder will there be new plans for 2-line family plans.

• Joe

What asshole wrote this? $100 is “a bargin”? go to hell.

• Shawn Flanagan

• http://www.androidandme.com Nick Sarafolean

• Palisandr

We are with tmo for over 12 years now and never looked at other carriers since the service is excellent (Denver metro). I am hesitant to switch to this plan since the price is only good for 18 months. We will be staying with the current simple choice family plan.

• jasy smooth

Tmo socal I get 40 down 20 up

• aryin

Sounds cool. Is it a pre-paid plan with tax included?

• Shawn Flanagan

Post-paid plan, price is before taxes.

• Nigel

Like the price, I’m paying $45 for StraightTalk, another family member paying also $45 for ST and another on PAYG about $10-$20/month and another who’d like a phone but we can’t justify the cost, so this would be about the same $ but add a phone for nothing really.

Issue, as others are saying, is T-mobile’s coverage. I was with them when voice-only plan for 5 years but they don’t have a signal away from dense population areas, they either need to get a roaming agreement with another, or build build build.

Doesn’t matter what the price if you can’t use it due to no signal.

ST on AT&T has coverage and price.

1. Lance SpahrGuest 10 months ago

2. I would urge anyone considering T-Mobile to first talk with others they know in their local area(s) whether or not T-Mobile has good coverage. Many of those I know where I live are very unhappy with the carrier because of calls constantly dropping, text messages not being received, and just plain “no-connection” in parts of town. In contrast, in the same area, Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint users do not have the same issues.

• And then there’s folks like me who have Absolutely Stellar service from T-Mobile in all the places they go. Always Strong signal, no dropped calls and incredible LTE Speeds (Consistently 35-65Mbps LTE). Sure it’s dependent on where you are and if you’re in a Metro Area chances are it is great. When T-Mobile service is great, it’s really great. My own personal Experience of course. :)

• snowbdr89Guest 10 months ago

3. KrishnaGuest 10 months ago

I live in central jersey.

• RKGuest 10 months ago

4. DaveGuest 10 months ago

5. JoeGuest 10 months ago

What asshole wrote this? $100 is “a bargin”? go to hell.

• To answer your question, if you had only taken the time to read the article (or even just the by line), you would have seen that the writer’s name is Nick Sarafolean.

• Yes, and if you’d shopped around, you’d realize that $100/month for a four-person family plan including unlimited talk, text, and 10GB 4G LTE data is actually quite a steal. Do your homework.

6. PalisandrGuest 10 months ago

7. jasy smoothGuest 10 months ago

Tmo socal I get 40 down 20 up

8. Sounds cool. Is it a pre-paid plan with tax included?

9. NigelGuest 10 months ago

Doesn’t matter what the price if you can’t use it due to no signal.

ST on AT&T has coverage and price.