Aug 16 AT 7:09 PM Alex Wagner 19 Comments

Verizon rolls out single line plan with unlimited talk and text, 2GB of data and $60 price tag

verizon-echo-logo

Verizon today took the wraps off of a new single line plan that offers unlimited talk and text as well as 2GB of data. Pricing is set at $60 per month, but those of you that choose to live life on the (Verizon) Edge will get a $10 monthly discount.

It’s also worth noting that there is a data overage fee related with this plan. If you surpass 2GB of data usage in a single billing cycle, you’ll be hit with a $15 per gigabyte fee.

For any single line folk that are looking to hop onto the Verizon network, this new plan looks like a decent offering. AT&T’s similar offering is priced at $65 per month, Sprint offers 1GB instead of 2GB for $55 and T-Mobile’s got plans with 1GB for $50 or 3GB for $60.

What do you think of this new Verizon rate plan? Are any of you thinking about signing up for it?

Via: Droid-Life

Source: Verizon Wireless

Editorial Director of News and Content for PhoneDog Media. Fluent in whisk(e)y, video games and phones. Can be followed on Twitter at @alw.

• Tinshield

Hahaha! Ripoff!

• Richard Yarrell

Verizon Wireless sucks large monkey balls period so does all of there users.

• Gene Giuliani Jr

I think this plan is a joke bc you will still be charged a $15 data overage charge no matter what plan you choose I am a Verizon Wireless customer and I am on one of their loyalty plans which is $50 a month with 2 GB data which I think is the same plan that they just rolled out

• RK

Still as compared to other carriers, T-Mo offers cheapest plan while AT&T is the costliest………………….. http://www.telecomvibe.com

• Beatblaster

The only point to this plan is if one is desperate enough to want that shiny new phone without paying full price for it. You could easily get an extra 2 gigs of data per month for an extra $5/month by going with the prepay Verizon Allset plan. $45/month (w/ auto bill pay) gets unlimited talk/text plus 1 gb of data then pay $20 for another 3 gb (with a 90 day lifespan too!) when you need it. I don’t work for Verizon but do use Allset because I love their network. Works for me!

• yorkshire_geek

Who’s worse then Verizon for value? A bill of notes and a match I think?

• Tarman

Or just use Straight Talk & get unlimited talk/text + 3gb high speed data then unlimited 3g data for 45$ on any of the 4 main carriers.

• thel0nerang3r

• C Miller

I have been using WallyWorld’s Straight Talk, (including WW phone purchases), for almost 2 years now.
      Here in Az,, the horrible taxes & surcharges add (extremely close to) another $5 to the $45 plan WW ST Talk offers.
      I paid $49.89 last month.
      After 2 MISERABLE, rotten years on a Verizon plan, I will go to The Hot Place before I ever use Verizon again.
      Good luck to all who want a reasonable, honest, easy to use—& understand!—cell phone plan or provider.
      It is truly deserving of the #1 complaint in the USA nowadays….cellphones & plans/providers.
      Ouch.

• C Miller

BTW, I MUST use Verizons’ , due to having only ONE tower available near extremely rural mountain home.
        Is that a monopoly or what??

• Nando

And that is why I love Tmobile, their speed cap is reach then they throttle you down, but dont charge you extra, their plan is truly unlimited unlike other plans that once you reach your cap you have to pay to keep going. And some one even stop you from continuing, they just charge you at the end of the cycle and yiu get a big fat bill.

• Kristian

In Sweden: unlimited calls and text messages with 3GB of data and without subscription 29$ /month

• Chris

fuck these limited data its 2014 2gb is a joke

• Gregory Bacon

Does not mention the cost of the phone, it is always there.

• DM

It’s still a ripoff. Wal-Mart 15-20 dollars less and NO contract. Do these companies think we’re all stupid?

• Guardianali

You pay what you get for. I moved from Verizon to tmobile. Bill would’ve gone from 180 to 120. After a week discovered a third of the places I use to get a signal (most importantly at work), I didn’t any more.
    I ended up back at Verizon. They are more expensive but jumping on the band wagon aside, your posting that extra money for coverage. After 2 years of being great signal in almost all places, I got complacent and expected the same on others. It wasnt true.
    I don’t like paying that.. But I look at it as I’m paying that for the extra cell towers.

Also, the reason you go with the Verizon single line vice a prepaid is you get a new phone and not pay for it upfront. To some, that’s worth the extra 10 or 20 a month.

• Rich

What a Joke. Um those major companies have sub companies that offer better plans. I’m on Boost Mobile which is owned by Sprint. My smartphone coverage, unlimited talk and text with 2.5g starts at $50.00 and every six months it drops $5.

• jamal adam

• jwier

What a crock. As soon as I find a decent TMO device for her, she will be leaving this nonsense.

1. TinshieldGuest 9 months ago

Hahaha! Ripoff!

2. Gene Giuliani JrGuest 9 months ago

3. BeatblasterGuest 9 months ago

4. Just one question, I can easily see this is not the best deal, so I want to know is this actually the WORST deal in USA?

Who’s worse then Verizon for value? A bill of notes and a match I think?

5. TarmanGuest 9 months ago

• I thought strait talk was either ATT or T-Mobile, and you have to choose which SIM you want.

• C MillerGuest 9 months ago

I paid $49.89 last month.
      Ouch.

• C MillerGuest 9 months ago

Is that a monopoly or what??

6. NandoGuest 9 months ago

7. KristianGuest 9 months ago

8. ChrisGuest 9 months ago

fuck these limited data its 2014 2gb is a joke

9. Gregory BaconGuest 9 months ago

Does not mention the cost of the phone, it is always there.

10. DMGuest 9 months ago

11. GuardianaliGuest 9 months ago

12. RichGuest 9 months ago

13. I think Verizon missed April Fools by a couple of months lol. I don’t know why anyone would ever think of paying $60 but whats even worse is the fact that they have a plan for $50 using Edge, like seriously!!??

14. I just called to move my wife’s existing line over to this plan (off contracts). I was told that this was a promotional plan that FORCES a 1year contract even if you are bringing an existing Verizon device.