Both phones will look and sound familiar, as leaks have been bountiful this year, but that doesn’t leave us any less excited. Here is the rundown:
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Octa core (2.3GHz Quad + 1.6GHz Quad), 64 bit or Quad core (2.15GHz Dual + 1.6GHz Dual), 64 bit, depending on the market
- 4GB RAM (LPDDR4), 32/64GB (UFS 2.0) + microSD (up to 200GB!)
- 5.1” Quad HD Super AMOLED 2560 X 1440 (577ppi, on the Galaxy S7) 5.5” Quad HD Super AMOLED 2560 X 1440 (534ppi) Edge Screen
- Dual Pixel 12MP (F1.7), Smart OIS rear camera
- Front-facing 5MP (F1.7) camera
- 3,000mAh (Galaxy S7) or 3,600mAh (Edge)
- Faster Charging both on wired and wireless and Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA
- Payment methods include NFC and MST
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, ANT+, USB 2.0, NFC Fingerprint scanner and Barometer
- IP68 water and dust resistance
As you can see, Samsung has improved its latest Galaxy flagships in just about every way possible. Not only will the S7 and S7 Edge now feature microSD support while still being water and dust resistant, they’ll also have better cameras, an always on display, a new internal cooling system and much more.
We’ll have more on the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge to come, but for now, feast your eyes on the gallery below. The S7 and S7 Edge are expected to launch by mid-March.