The Huawei P9 and P9 Plus may not be the most recognizable Android smartphones of 2016, but they are among the most popular devices out there. Based on Huawei’s reported sales figures, there are more than 10 million units in circulation already.
Huawei has been selling the P9 Plus and the standard P9 as SIM-unlocked devices through its site in many countries around the globe, but there are millions of units which have been purchased through service providers and are SIM locked. If that’s the case with your P9 or P9 Plus, you’ll need to purchase a SIM unlock code from a third-party service like Android SIM Unlock, or if you’re eligible, request a free Huawei P9 SIM unlock code from your service provider if you want to use it within another SIM card while traveling or if you switch service providers.
If you’re not sure how either process works, follow the instructions bellow to SIM unlock your Huawei P9 or P9 Plus.
Order your Huawei P9 SIM unlock code
The easiest and fastest way to SIM unlock your Huawei P9 is by ordering the unlock code through services like Android SIM Unlock. If they are not able to find the unlock code for your phone, you are protected by their 100% money-back guarantee. Follow the instructions below and your P9 will be unlocked in no time.
- Open the phone’s dialer and type *#06# to display the IMEI number
- Go to Android SIM Unlock
- Enter your phone’s IMEI number, the service provider it is locked to and the country it’s from
- Click “Proceed to Checkout Now” to enter payment details and to complete the transaction
- Your phone’s unlock code will then be email to you
Free Huawei P9 SIM unlock code
Believe it or not, it’s possible to get a free unlock code for your P9. But the only way to do so is by contacting your service provider and asking them to give it to you. Some service providers will give you the SIM unlock code for your phone if you have carried out the obligations of your contract, while others simply require you to have an account in good standing for more than 60 days. In the UK and some European countries, service providers will sell you the unlock code for your phone, but the price may be lower of higher than what Android SIM Unlock and other services charge.
Use the steps below to try getting a free SIM unlock code for your Huawei P9
- Open the phone’s dialer and dialing *#06# to display your phone’s IMEI number
- Contact your service provider and request the SIM unlock code for your phone
- If you are eligible for a free SIM unlock code, the code will be emailed to you within several days
SIM unlock your Huawei P9
Once you have received your Huawei P9 SIM unlock code from Android SIM Unlock or your service provider, follow the steps below to unlock your smartphone.
- Turn the phone off and remove the SIM card from your phone
- Insert a SIM card from a different service provider and then turn the phone on
- When prompted, enter the SIM unlock code you received
- Once the code is accepted, your Huawei P9 or P9 Plus will be SIM unlocked
It’s that simple! The phone can now be used on any GSM service provider across the globe without any restrictions.