25 Days of Tegra winners

Posted Dec 27, 2012 at 11:48 pm in Threads > Opinions

This is something I’ve been thinking about for the past week or so… I think that if you’ve won a prize on the site previously, that you shouldn’t be allowed to win again and maybe even play. It’s not fair to everyone else and this site has hundreds if not thousands of readers who all would like a chance at something free. Honestly, it may seem a bit harsh depending on where you’re looking from, but there have to be plenty of people that agree with me on this issue. Please tell me I’m right and the admins should make sure it doesn’t happen.

• jerrbomb

I sympathize… I have won day 5.. But to dis include previous winners would be like telling a high schooler they cannot enter the science fair again because they already won.. Its disencouraging to androidandme readers.. And others who might want to enter.. But I do see where yu are coming from.. And im trying to be neutral.. Im just also being logical.. hope you don’t get offended..

• LukeT32

The annoying thing IMO is that 95% of the people entering only appear at this time of the year.

• da9el

sorry, but i don’t agree with the idea of “never winning again if you have already won”. these few people more in the race won’t make much difference and as you can see even people with lower ranks can win. is there anybody out there that has won twice btw?

• jak2rocks

I don’t think so. I just think there should be measures against it. It just wouldn’t seem fair.

• Donald Williams

I would like to win twice. lol.

• epps720

I just had to confirm my email was correct on this site b/c I swear I’m supposed to win!

Guess I’ve got to work on bumping up my rating in preparations for next years contest. I love these!

• mardroid

How are winners contacted? Via email? I believe winning previously should not prevent you from winning again. I have not won anything….yet :P

• mecky33

What you said isn’t to harsh, just irrational. Life isn’t fair, get over it. Not everyone gets a trophy because they played the game!

• Puzzled by Choice

I wouldn’t say your desire is right or wrong really. But it may be a little skewed.

The people runing the contest have the right to establish the rules, protocols and crtiteria for entry/qualifying participants. The pool of candidates can voice their opinions, but should do so humbly.

Honestly, there are contest runners who prefer to limit prizes to households for various reasons, but there are other good reasons for simply allowing the total pool of qualified entrants to participate in a new contest.

Some of those reasons for doing so in this contest may be:
    1. It may deter some people from entering into to certain contests if they fear being disqualified from entering into later contests (think grandprize situations-why would you enter into build up contests?).
    2. More qualified entrants, mean more site traffic (there are reasons why site traffic is important)
    3. The chances of winning multiple contests is slim with large pools of candidates.
    4. By disqualifying fewer candidates you can motivate larger groups of people to: tweet, post, compete, advertise, submit ideas, etc, etc.
    5. Perhaps they simply want easy to enter contests with random winners and fewer rules.

Lastly, it’s very likely the the men/women involved in establishing the criteria for these contests have already considered whether or not winners should be allowed to participate in other contests. We should probably trust they had good reasons for reaching their decisions.

But we can still post our opinions… gripes or complaints… praise and gratitude on these public forums for the admins to consider.

Puzzled

• Puzzled by Choice

Wow… I typed that up too fast. Several spelling and grammar issues. Oh well.

• acuda27

As an Android addict, I wanna be able to win multiple contests!

Even though I have never won :(

• JarlSX

when are this years winners announced anyway?

• redraider133

Or maybe just make more of them certain requirements for the people who only come for th contest and then disappear. They did a few but could add more

• impromark

It’s all about perspective. For me, dreaming about what I’d be doing with a given tablet or hybrid or whatever is worth the price of admission. Winning would be awesome, but entering gives me an actual chance. :)

Like the lottery, the system needs to be fair, and I like the reputation schema andme has here. I’ve been around for he better part of a year now and I hope to keep contributing here, so when next year comes around I’ll be able to participate in more of the giveaway days. But also like the lottery, folks who come in with a one-shot, quick-pick ticket will win too over people who’ve been playing the same numbers for years. Unfortunately, that’s fair too. :P

• pol biswas

There is a various site is there which is related to android.but android and me quite different from them because this is only side where you can contribute yours information and collect information.That’s make this side so amazing.

• Kilgore Trout

Maybe just a 6 month waiting period if you win a prize…

It seems fair, if I ever won anything it would be nice to know I could play again in the future.

Thanks for the contests

• chralex

Be nice to know who won and not have winner to be announced forever posted. Would be nice even if it stated that winner wish to remain anonomous. Having said that hope those who won whomever they are enjoy and congrats.

• freddiefan

I’ve never won but I think it’s fair for all participants to have a chance of winning including those that have won in the past. It is like a lottery there is nothing stopping you buying a ticket whether or not you are a previous winner. I am sure the administrators have considered this and other points and have come to their conclusion which we all need to accept in any case.

Well done to all winners. Hope to see the listing soon.

• gh0st665

I haven’t received an email, so I’m still hopeful until I see winners posted.

• rkumarfun

are the winners announced yet?

• digvijaya07

winners list ..?? waiting ,Waiting n waiting :D

• honourbound68

lol i was going to start a thread asking about the winners. i remember seeing more winners listed around 2 weeks ago now i can see up do day 3

• jerrbomb

Im sure the winners will be listed once A&M staff come back from taking a holiday..

• scubabum

Winners of day 1,2,3 are already listed here
    http://androidandme.com/tegra/

Place the cursor on the number to see the winner’s name
    or click on the number/link.

Good luck to all.

• jnano91