Apple Patent trolling again this time with the GS 3

Posted Jun 06, 2012 at 4:46 pm in Threads > News

Apple has filed to add the GS 3 to their suit against Samsung.
They are going after the s voice feature and data tapping (which got them so far with HTC). I wonder how long it will be before the government figures out that Apple is just trying to add an Android tax to phones making them more expensive which allows them to “compete”.

• redraider133

This is getting out of hand. You know when even the apple fanboys are saying this is wrong that something is really out of hand. Apple was getting torn up on engadget and the verge.

• redraider133

And I preordered one of these today on Verizon, if this B.S holds up me from getting mine I am going to be really ticked.

• Laurel laurel25

Yeah, I’m not going to be a happy camper either if this gets held up at customs and causes me to lose my grandfathered unlimited data for some reason.

• oddball

This got out of hand long ago. The only people winning here are the lawyers. Apple is claiming that the data tapping feature is an Android OS problem but they are suing the OEMS rather than Google. Strangely enough my computer does the same thing and I don’t see Apple suing Microsoft over it. This isn’t about the actual merits of the complaint. I have been saying for a while Apple and Microsoft are simply trying to add an android “tax” which brings the device cost more in line with what they want to charge allowing their devices to cost around the same.

• skugern

I’m just as disgusted. Can’t compete? Just litigate!

• B2L

Who needs to innovate, when you can screw over your competition. It seems like those are Apple’s only thoughts these days.