Chrome update broke my Nexus 7 maybe?

Posted Sep 13, 2012 at 12:03 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

This morning, I was using my wonderful Nexus 7 as I usually do, when it briefly flashed a low battery warning and promptly shut down. I promptly plugged it in and was able to get it to restart… once. The battery showed that it still has a 19% charge, I unlocked the tablet and it shut down after just a second or two. All the while, Chrome was slowly updating. Every few minutes now I can get it to power on for a few seconds, with Chrome still plugging away. When it’s not willing to turn on and it’s plugged in, there are these pinpricks of white against the black of the screen, like of like the lead in on an old VHS tape before it actually started playing. I haven’t been able, in those brief periods of activity, to get to the Play App and cancel the download, which is really the only thing I can think to do at this point. I was just able to get it into charging while off, so that’s at least some vague progress; I’ll at least have a fully charged paperweight.

I haven’t seen any other reports of this, so I can’t tell if this is my crummy luck or if something has gone horribly awry with this update. I’m not sure where else to look, but as this is my go-to for Android news, I figured this would be a good place for Android advice. Anyone have any?