Galaxy Tab 11.6 Opinions and Speculations

Posted Apr 26, 2012 at 3:49 pm in Threads > Opinions

Most of us have heard of the rumored Samsung Galaxy Tab 11.6. This monster is said to come with the dual-core A15 Exynos processor. I, for one, am highly interested in seeing this. It has even become a myth to some, like unicorns, the Loch Ness monster, and the chances of ever seeing Apple and Google collaborating with one another. All joking aside, I believe this could be an enormous push for the Android tablet market, especially if it does have the A15 processor, as the GPU will bring a resolution of 2560 x 1600, well beyond that of the New iPad. My big question is, will we see even the tiniest glimpse of this beast at Samsung’s Unpacked Event on May 3rd? They promised to reveal “The Next Galaxy,” and it wouldn’t be you far-fetched to include this, seeing as it would be the first 11.6 inch tablet. Testing new waters (and “galaxies”). What does everyone else think? Will we be treated to a huge surprise, or am I just grasping at air with this one?

• wild

Am I only one who think that 11.6 is too big for a tablet ?

• Taylor Wimberly

If they make the bezel smaller, then it would be around the same size as the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

• STL_Sean

I agree Taylor, if they can increase the screen size without increasing the overall dimension it would be a win win.

I wonder if we will ever get to a point where there is no bezel at all.

• tnnm

Nope – I agree completely. The only reason I’d want a tablet that big is if it supported Wacom and had software for syncing my notes back to Evernote (much like the HTC Jetstream).

• SGB101

I too think it is to big. I own an ipad2, and I think that is to big. personally 7″ would fit me better.

since I’ve had my thx one x, I’ve hardly picked up my tab.

• iSEpic

You should see toshiba making 13″ tablets and Viewsonic making 21″ tablets. Also tehre is a 75″ tablet so…

• Taylor Wimberly

I think there is a small chance you could see it at Unpacked on May 3rd.

If that doesn’t happen, then next best date would be August 31st at IFA Berlin.

• Lightning7

Wow, I didn’t even know about IFA until now :O Thank you for that information.

• Taylor Wimberly

Samsung unveiled the original Galaxy Tab 7 inch at IFA back in 2010.

• Lightning7

Haha, guess you learn something new everyday :P But honestly, thank you for the information, now that you say it, that could be a great possibility

• TopherM21

I, for one, am looking forward to the announcement of the Galaxy Tab 28.2…

• orangestrat

I think that might be a typo, but a 28.2″ would probably be called the Galaxy Table

• TopherM21

I believe they’re leaving it as Tab to keep up the possibility of wall/ceiling mount accessories

• Bryan Stoner

I love the idea of a slightly larger screen size.
    Screen resolution is getting better and bezels are getting smaller. Why not take advantage of these progressions and slightly scale screen size along side them~

• Bryan Stoner

And yes, can’t wait to see this bad boy!!!

• Cunning ken

I really hope the 11.6 is revealed soon. I got an I pad from the Mrs for Crimbo and returned it as soon as the shops opened aftre the festive period. I need this in my life quick sharp so if anyone with any clout at Samsung reads this, Pull your finger out or put me out of my misery.

• antonio14reyes

11.6 is definitely to big for a tablet

• Bryan Stoner

Shrink the bezel to a few millimeters. How about now?

• Theolonious

I think that it would be a great size, but I’d prefer to see it before making any decisions. A slimmer bezel would always be sexy, too, although making it more awkward to hold.

• Lightning7

I agree, it could work, I just would be too worried for screen damage if there is a smaller bezel.

• Peter P.

I’ve been using a Toshiba Thrive 10″ which now has a cracked screen. It has nevertheless replaced 90% of my PC usage and I don’t see any problem with a 11.6″ size if it’s reasonably light. Heck, Toshiba just rolled out a 13.3″ Android tablet — that may actually BE too big!

Let’s get the Tab 11.6 rolling, Samsung!

• Mindofwalt

I don’t think it will be too big especially if they can go edge to edge. But what I would love to see if they could combine the screen size and quality with the option of the S-pen of the Note creating a super-tablet so to speak.

• kilmas

i find it strange that apple can come out with a ipad with real high res display,and samsung can’t do the same.if the tablet comes out sep,i will probaly wait another year for a android tablet.why does’nt samsung just put the mali t604 and the exynos 4412 together,insted of waiting for the exynos 5250.can’t the exynos 4412 and the mali t604 run a tablet with 2500*1600 in res?

• Sam

I am giving up on this tablet, I pretty sure it will be unveiled around end of August and truthfully I cannot wait that long. Might go with the galaxy note 10.1 or prime but only problem is the camera for the galaxy note 10.1 sucks (3 mp rear).

• aranea

You can get transformer prime. I got that one for my parents and they love it.