Nexus 7 (2013)

Posted Aug 09, 2013 at 2:40 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

So I recently got the nexus 7, but I’ve been having a little trouble with. it and random restarts since I got. it and set it up its rebooted randomly 3 times. Anybody else having this problem ?

• Lawrence

Yeah I had the same issues. It happened a couple of times. It has been updating itself, and after the last update it seems like its not doing it anymore. I was a bit worried, hoping that its not a hardware issue, but rather an issue that those same updates will fix. Good luck, let me know how it turns out for you.

• AnthonyRyan

Really because it makes me nervous. also this thing is brand new and I’ll be using it and it’ll reboot and this is after the 2 updates it had.

• Brooks Barnard

I haven’t experienced anything like that with my new Nexus 7. You might try backing things up with Helium or whatever and doing a factory reset. Sometimes things can get messed up after updates.

• AnthonyRyan

I did the factory reset, and no random rebooting at all so far.

• Brooks Barnard

Good! I hope that fixes it…

• AnthonyRyan

Well it didn’t really it still does it I was using it just now and it just reset on me, this is the second it has done it that I know of sin e I reset.

• Nick Gray

If it’s still acting up, I’d send it back and ask for a new one.