Official waiting for Android 4.1.2 thread

Posted Oct 15, 2012 at 3:31 pm in Threads > Smartphones & Tablets

Apparently Android 4.1.2 is rolling out to yakju Galaxy Nexus devices now, after rolling out to the Nexus 7 last week. I have a takju (Google Play) Nexus and can’t wait for the update. Even if it doesn’t bring anything exciting, it’s always fun getting updates.

Anyone else waiting? Anyone already got it? Anything to report?

• redraider133

I just got it on my nexus 7 and I agree that it is always fun waiting for a new update even if it is only a small one.

• Keith

Got 4.1.2 upgrade last night on Nexus 7. Landscape now on start up /settings page but not noticed much else. I had hoped for a work around of Flash Player but seems not!!!

• golfpedaler

I just had an automatic update to 4.1.2 for my Motorola Xoom…very nice!!! Not sure what the differences are…I haven’t noticed much yet.

• http://ArtisticAbode.com BetterWithRoot

Got one on my wifi Xoom as well. It was a pleasant surprise. This has turned out to be a great purchase. I wonder how far Google will support it.

• Noven

I was waiting for my update for the Nexus 7 for a while. I’m allllways waiting and looking forward to updates. My boss had his update come through and a couple other people did as well. I waited a few more days then I when to Apps>All>Google Services Framework. I did a ‘Force Stop’ and cleared the data. Then I went and manually checked for the update and it showed up!

I don’t necessarily recommend doing that, it can cause some memory issues if something is being written to the device. However, it did get me the update.

• Dustin Earley

I got the update on my phone tonight. Nothing crazy to report, but everything seems great.

• ToxMarz

Just got the takju 4.1.2 (Google Play Galaxy Nexus) tonight as well!!

• golfpedaler

My unlocked GNex just received the update!!!

• XanLoves

I’ve been using it via CMX for a while now. The paid app reboot bug that affected any apps that would start up from boot has been solved. I had to re-enable my 3rd party keyboard every time the phone restarted. Now i do now, yey!

AOSP changelog:
    http://www.funkyandroid.com/aosp-JRO03R-JZO54K.html

• herbivore83

Only difference I have noticed so far is in the notification shade. Shrinking and expanding notifications used to be a multi touch function but is now possible by swiping down to expand or down and then up to minimize. The multi touch function has not been removed, however.

• Max.Steel

Got it last night. :)