What apps should I get for my Nexus 7?

Posted Jul 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm in Threads > Apps & Games

Hey Guys and Gals,
I just received my Nexus 7 8GB version today and I am madly in love with this beautiful tablet. After all these years of wanting an Android device, I finally got it and boy is it a joy to be able to be part of the Android family.
I was wondering what apps you guys would recommend. It would be much appreciated. As a first time buyer, I’ve read about and looked at many apps and stuff but it’s not the same as being able to get guidance from those of you that have Android smartphones and tablets.

• Dan13

It all boils down to personal preference, but I’ll list the apps that I use regularly.

-Dropbox (This is a must have, especially for the Nexus 7.)
    -Google Currents (I think this is already installed on Jelly Bean, though.)

I personally like Nova Launcher, but there are many others to choose from. Some are all about eye candy, while others focus on speed. Try a bunch of them out and see what suits you.

I’m not to big on gaming, but here are some that I found entertaining.
    -Anomaly HD
    -Minecraft: Pocket Edition
    -Hard Lines HD
    -Gravilux (It’s not really a game, but sure is fun to mess around with.)

-Battery Solo Widget
    -Meta Widget
    -Fancy Widgets
    -Beautiful Widgets

Live Wallpapers:
    These are just some cool ones to check out. Again, it all comes down to preference.
    -Galactic Core
    -Nexus Revamped (My favorite)
    -Light Grid

Have a great time with your new tablet, and welcome to Android!

• zerosix

You forgot CoolReader for books, AirDroid for ultra-comfortable sync, Osmand for offline-navigation and Pocket by Tim Clark for keeping your private information secure.
      I also like ToDo list widget just to have notes on my homescreen.

• jamal adam

• Azzoth

I made a little Nexus 7 Starter Guide for apps:
    You can find more in the rankings.

• mojeda
  • Laurel laurel25

Overdrive for epub books and library books!

• Janet55

Well, the Nexus 7 combines the best of both Google and ASUS design, with the most advanced software from Google paired with cutting edge ASUS hardware. You’ll find more interesting and amazing stuffz of it, and will enjoy it!
    BTW, got the Google Nexus 7 and want to get some nice apps to download to turn the Nexus 7 into an even greater tablet? This list of “Must Have Android Apps for Google Nexus 7″ in Enolsoft blog is really the best I came across on this deserving topic.

• johnfarrell

I will recommend below apps for your tab

Amazon MP3
    Stock ROM
    Watch the News
    Sketchbook Mobile Express